Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,we are using a cisco 6500 as the core switch and for some reason we taken one port as the access port from vlan 800 and connected to the 2950 switch and from 2950 we are connected to some servers now in 2950 switch we created a same VLAN 800 and ...

Hi Guys,Can someone please explain me the concept of classless IP Adressing...i m confused about this term.I am good at subnetting etc but i am not able to understand what is the reason behind this addressing scheme.Any in depth explanation with a ex...

Hi All, We have a Cat-3550 with a route-map for a SVI (VLAN 1) to redirect the traffic. Everything is fine except for the fact the traffic to the other VLANs are also routed the same way with additional hop. I would like to exclude this using a deny ...

subra4u by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,below is the config for segragating the traffic for Internal & domestic AS no.I got below config from customer & they suggested that with below config we can create Segragte International & domestic traffic.Please suggest below config in det...

Hello Freinds, We have two parallel link with same Vlan allowed between Cisco 4507 L3 Switches. and recently we have configured Vlan Priority based load balancing on both the links. i.e some Vlan are using first link as primary path and rest on Vl...

cisco.net by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Just a couple of questions regarding a 24 port 3750G I have, I don't think VLAN 1 i the native vlan, how can I tell which VLAN is the native as vlan 1 is shutdown?Also it has 24 ports but if I run the below command I only see 9:sh interfaces gigab...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guysWe have gone from a very flat network (single vlan, single subnet) to multiple subnets/vlans.We have a DHCP server sitting on 192.168.2.x (servers) and workstations on a new subnet 192.168.8.xI have configured the VLAN with an ip helpder addre...

Hi All,I am looking for a really good switching book. I normally go for the CCIE Professional Development series, however the only switching book in that series is rather old (1999). Because of the age of it, it only really covers CatOS not IOS comma...

I have a simple question that I can not find a direct answer to. In a stand alone configuration does the 3750 E have a faster backplane than the 3750? The 3750 has a 32 Gb/s backplane which for a 48 port switch is oversubscribed. what is the (non sta...

chrish100 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a strange problem. One of my routers seems to prefer OSPF route over /32 static interface route. I have such route configured ip route 172.20.240.19 255.255.255.255 GigabitEthernet0/1/0.225but sh ip route 172.20.240.19 shows:Routing entr...

HelloIn STP for the first 20s (max-age) root bridge elections occur. In the same moment in which switch receives last BPDU which allow him to decide who is root bridge it also knows which are designated/non-designated ports. In this moment whole topo...

Hi,Attached is one of our remote sites schema.R1,R2 are provider termination routers at loc B. Router A is similarly device at loc A.MPLS cloud is the connecting link.Both R1,R2 are terminated locally at loc B on a Layer3(6500) switch.Now before its ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is someone see any mistakes or can comment or suggest on this scenario ?I have a 2801 service router, running CuCME and CUE, which will connect using the two FastEthernet port in etherchannel trunk mode to the C2960 head switch.The same C2960 head sw...

nrnick by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card