Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello:Just wondering if this is even possible. The chassis in question has a WS-X4013 sup in it, 64MB of DRAM and 16MB of flash. Any more detail needed, please let me know. TIA for any guidance.Brad Olson

Hi:Should I connect the port-1 of the swith-1 to the port-2 of the swith-2 to enable the stack?What happen if I use the port 1 in both switches? It should work, right?Regards.

Hi,Will be perfoming an urgent IOS upgrade on a Cat 6513, from 12.1(19)E1 > 12.2.18SXD4.Is it nessassry to upgrade the catOS on Sup2 too?The current CatOS is 8.1(3).Can the kind folks here point me the right direction. whitepapers?Thax

chronix by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, here is my situation. I am setting up a test lab with 2 mpls routers, but only 1 3750 switch. I have the vlans configured and subnets setup.vlans are as follows:vlan 120 - 10.129.120.x/24 - routers Network onevlan 121 - 10.130.121.x/24 - router...

mcompton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,at a customer location we have a switching backbone running MSTP. The root switch (say SW A) has priority set to 4096. All vlans are in MST0. Two catalysts 6513 running rapid-pvst+ are connected to two switches of the Backbone (SW A and SW B). One...

f-cagica by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I have a 3750 switch connected to a 6509 switch using MM fiber and doing layer 3. Lately i have experienced some serious problems with this link. occassionaly,it used to go down and I needed to shut and unshut either end of the link in order to...

xhackuss1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I added a static IP/MAC entry on a 6500 MSFC2 daughter card (IOS) but now no longer need it, and wont to remove it. However it wont let me remove it from the config... I can't reload this switch as its a core switch and would have service impac...

Hi,We have experienced the following issue a couple of times.Access layer switch - 6506, dual Sup32 running high availability. Has uplinks to distribution switch A from ports 5/1 and 6/1 and to dist switch B from ports 5/2 and 6/2. Uplinks are rout...

andersi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL error

Hello,When configuring an ACL on a 2950 using wildcard bits, it reports the following error below. HAVC3003(config)#access-list 58 permit 10.2.0.0 255.255.255.0%Error: The field sets of all the ACEs in an ACL should matchYet if I configure the same o...

Hi,Recently I have bought 8 Nos of Cisco 2960 switches (with 12.1 IOS)In that I have tried 3 nos of switch ,configuring a port as a trunk port and connected to the core,it is working fine for a period of 1 hour time,after that the port got discoonect...

Lavanholy by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all, I have some problem to trouble everyone to solve it, many thanks. Network environment 1) RedHat Linux Enterprise Server 4 update3 with two Integrated dual Gigabit Ethernet (Broadcom NetXtreme II) - Configure Bonding ** Cannot start Arcserve...

In the process of adding udld/udld aggressive to IDF and MDF 6500 switches. On the uplinks that go from the IDF to the MDF , I am being told to enable udld aggressive on the IDF Side and to enable udld on the MDF side. Can someone explain what thi...

dappel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have 2 router, 1700 and other 1800On 1700, the show controllers serial 0/0 show:Hardware is PowerQUICC MPC860On 1800, the show controllers serial 0/0/0 show:Hardware is GT96KWhat's difference between GT96K and the POWERQUICC?I can use the cable (...

Hey Everyone,I have two 6513's running IOS v.12.2(18)SXF8. I am having issues sending Netflow data to an NFSEN workstation. Basically, when i do "sh ip route cache flow" on switch 1 I see all source ip, source port , dest ip and dest port info. Howev...

kvcruse by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes