Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I want to replace a Catalyst 2950 with a better switch. The 2950 is using 44 of 48 ports and no additional users are planned, the 4506 that I have in stock is certainly overkill. I know that the 3500series is at end-of-life. What switch would y...

Is there a way to do routing over several parallel Pix 515E firewalls?I have a 6509 on the inside network, 3 Pix firewalls and a single 6509 on the outside that terminates GRE tunnels from remote sites. This all needs to pass a large amount of Multic...

i want to know if this switch support shape round robin as the cisco switch 3750, i have this line on my 3750:mls qos srr-queue input bandwidth 90 10mls qos srr-queue input threshold 1 8 16mls qos srr-queue input threshold 2 34 66mls qos srr-queue in...

HiCan someone please confirm if I truly understand the concept of VLANs communicating through different Switch Blocks...VLAN A is configured on an access switch which in turn is direcltly connected to the multilayer distribution Switch1. Switch1 is d...

Hi allWe run a Catalist 6513 with some 30+ vlans configured and four SVIs for different vlans. Today I wanted to test SPAN with an entire vlan, without SVI, as source and a gigEther port as the destination. On the receiving end was a server running E...

hoffa2000 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, the following appears when i apply the sho cdp command on a cisco switch, can any one help me to understand what does it mean when the cdp said the port Gig0/1 is connected to mor than a device ?? -----------EngB1140S0#sho cdp ne Capability Codes...

Dear All,I have 7609 router with two Sup engines 32. Two uplink ports are used for the LAN: 5/9 active and 6/9 stnadby. When the active port/cable is unpluged, the stndby port didn't take over. Is this a normal behaviour? How can I have redundancy on...

f-m-s-2000 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am gettin input errors, CRC errors when I connect my switch to a router.Attached is the "show int" of the switchCould anyone advise?Cheers

rootadmin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can I have clarification on this from any user please. I have 7 3com 4400 switches uplinked to each other using 1 gig cascade modules. I have recently purchase a Cisco 2960 48 port 10/100/1000 switch and want to uplink the 3coms to it. Is it correct ...

I have two ws-c2924m. One is ws-c2924m-xl-a and the otheris ws-c2924-xl-en. What happens if I put the same IOS on both switches c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC3b.bin. Will the ws-c2924m-xl-a run the enterprise software?