Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have a configuration with two Catalyst switches (3550 and 3560) connected with a IEEE 802.1Q trunk on port Fa0/24. Port Fa0/10 and Fa0/11 on each switch are connected to a WAN acceleration device (normal access ports but assigned to different V...

aaurand by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I have on my cisco 3550 the following errors on the log:Nov 24 10:06:07: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to upNov 24 10:06:09: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/16, changed state to upNov...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our wireless devices pick-up a 10.20.*.*/16 address. Is a port-forwarding device available to sit behind an Access-Point and transparently route all Internet traffic to our 10.3.1.xx Proxy Server? Ideally, this should be configurable to not re-route ...

MarkF by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I work for a financial services company and plan to upgrade IOS over all the locations at once. I have discussed this with few of my collegues and they said this is OK however i am quite wary about this and prefer to do this site by site. Please a...

Hii,I have two diff internet links terminating on my 2 separate cisco ethernet routers.Now i have to plan standy(possibly hotstandby protocol) wherein if one of the links goes dn , then the users would still be connected via the other link but with a...

Hi, all!I got a second-handed WIC-1ENET card for my Cisco 1700. But the card doesn't run. No LED on the card lights when the system boot up. And any ethernet interface has not shown when I enter "show run" command. Why?How much physical memory does C...

haa33110 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to create an EtherChannel connection between a 3750 stack (2 members) and the onboard LAN interfaces in a 2811?If yes, could you point me to some doc / configuration examples?

kst.amand by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have purchased an 831 to replace my old 1605r. However, the 1605 has 2 ethernet interfaces and the 831 has one ethernet interface for the WAN connection and an integrated switch for the LAN and I am not sure how to configure this device. On m...

RSTP (802.1w)We have a team of network engineers from all different backgrounds including CCNA, CCNP and CCIE?s who are currently debating on a RSTP related issue.I am hopeful that many will review and comment on this issue.The end goal is high avail...

87305 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card