Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge-group

azi123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,

I have cisco 2960g (2960g-24TC-) which runs IOS 12.2(55)SE-BASE-CRYPTO. I have a problem to define multiple Bridging groups. The CLI shows that the " host_name (config)#interface BVI" is a available command, but no way of defining new BVI by interface number. The screenshot shows this problem.

Could you please help me with this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

as far as I recall, bridging (IRB) is not supported on the 2960.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

as far as I recall, bridging (IRB) is not supported on the 2960.

As Georg mentioned it is not support on this model.

Basically Bridge groups can be created on Layer 3 devices like routers or firewall and probably on some robust multilayer switches.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello

Was just wondering thiis switch although it’s really only a L2 switch it  does have limited routing capability but you need to be using the correct SDM template that that capability  - 

show sdm prefer 

However if the other guys have already checked that IRB isn’t applicable then changing the switch to the above template would make no difference.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

They can also be created on Access Points which are layer 2 devices. :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card