cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch models terms

zeeshanzahid510
Level 1
Level 1

Need guidance to clear the difference between following end terms in following cisco switch models,

C9200L-24P &&

C9200L-24T &&

C9200L-24PL &&

C9200L-24PXG &&

C9200-48PB

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

- C9200L have fixed uplinks and fixed fan trays. In C9200, uplinks are modular and fan trays are replaceable.

- Both can be stacked. But:

• C9200L have max 80Gbps of stack bandwidth
  • C9200 have max 160Gbps of stack bandwidth

- "P" in the switch family name means "all access ports support PoE+"

- "T" in the switch family name means the switch does not have PoE capability.

- "PL" -> "partial PoE+". So not all ports support PoE+

- "XG" stands for Cisco multigigabit technology. You may need it when you deploy 802.11ac-capable access points attached to the switch.

ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

- C9200L have fixed uplinks and fixed fan trays. In C9200, uplinks are modular and fan trays are replaceable.

- Both can be stacked. But:

• C9200L have max 80Gbps of stack bandwidth
  • C9200 have max 160Gbps of stack bandwidth

- "P" in the switch family name means "all access ports support PoE+"

- "T" in the switch family name means the switch does not have PoE capability.

- "PL" -> "partial PoE+". So not all ports support PoE+

- "XG" stands for Cisco multigigabit technology. You may need it when you deploy 802.11ac-capable access points attached to the switch.

ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Thank you, but i can't find one thing that is "PB"

The "PB" model is very similar to the "P" model. The major difference I saw, when comparing two switches with similar port density, was that the "PB" family supports Enhanced VRF while the "P" does not. That information is found in Table 19 of the document I referenced in my previous reply.

Regards

Wassim

Another note - Cat 9200 not support many VRF as expected, as i remember it supports only 4 i guess. on the modular and 1 VRF on the fixed.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card