Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp neighbor and route filtering

egain.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

wrt eigrp configuration, i want to know - a) how a router on the LAN can be denied making neighbor relation b) how to filter routes To/From another neighbor router.

(this is wrt to our multisite AVPN (at&T managed mpls service) setup which uses eigrp with respective locations LAN and having static routes re-distributed).

thanks

regards

Rakesh

=====

6 Replies 6

Hi Edison,

thanks for your reply.

In my case, there are more than two routers on same vlan (one of that is MPLS router). We want to selectively make neighbor relation on eigrp and control selective route distribution - with routers on the same vlan. This is because i have few static routes those are redistributed into eigrp for using on internal network but do not want those on MPLS. With 'distribute-list' command i am not able ot selectively filter routes to selected routers.

regards

Rakesh

=====

As Edison Ortiz sed... use authentication.

You can filter what routes is distributed to explicit gateway using command distribute-list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/iproute/command/reference/1rfeigrp.html#wp1030208

Hi,

Prefix-list can help in this. Route-maps will apply them with a certain grade of granularity.

By the way i agree with the first Edison post. Passive command and distribute-list are very useful if well written.

I did find myself in the same situations many times in the previous ISP and these three tools always fixed the situation.

HTH

Alessio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco