Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My new switches 9200 capabilities

Hello,

We have bought a new switches C9200-48P with Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE), Version 16.12.02, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON
BOOTLDR: System Bootstrap, Version 16.12.1r [FC4], RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)

and license ... 

Technology Package License Information:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
network-essentials Smart License network-essentials
dna-essentials Subscription Smart License dna-essentials

we bought these switches to be a replacement of our 2960 switches, and they are working perfectly.

but when I read the software and switch version I get confused because of the underlines part "L3" and Lite IOS.

does that means It supports L3 features? or it's Lite IOS-XE ? do I have to stick to the LITE version of the software?

in the previous switches production line such as 2960 3560 ..etc it was more clear.

does that means It supports L3 features? or it's Lite IOS-XE ? do I have to stick to the LITE version of the software?

someone explain this please, and TIA 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We still LAN but very little L3 routing

Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF -– 1000 routes), PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (1000 routes), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1X, MACsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder,SSO

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lite same replicate of IOS XE - But they made it very lite as universal  image to make switch work optimally.

Some of the libraries not  required (unlike Cat 9300 required to operate)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go to the Licensing section of the Data Sheet and scroll down to Table 10.

It will provide a rough overview of what Layer 3 function the switch is meant to do.

We still LAN but very little L3 routing

Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF -– 1000 routes), PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (1000 routes), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1X, MACsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder,SSO

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card