Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch WS-C2960X-24PS-IN Blinking Lights

yomaldyw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all
I have a WS-C2960X-24PS-IN switch, the MGMT, Stat, Speed, Stack lights blinking(Orange Color) on three-time every two seconds. Not responding to LAN Port. when trying to log through the console, a message saying boot fail is displayed. IMG_20220125_145801_HDR.jpg
what can I do?
Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank You

Yomal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA.

yomaldyw
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone has else have a different idea than this?

@yomaldyw wrote:

a message saying boot fail is displayed. 

Console into the switch and reboot.  Post the entire boot-up process.

No boot-up process is displayed, this is the only message that comes in there " Boot fail".

If this is all that shows up in the console port, then contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA. 

NOTE:  2960X is covered under Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.

Kindly tell me how could I contact TAC?

These are the only ones displayed on the console. 

No boot process is displayed only it displays BOOT FAILED continuously

Please Find the attached with hire 1.JPG2.JPG

@yomaldyw wrote:

Kindly tell me how could I contact TAC?

Cisco TAC Worldwide Support Contacts

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yeah, I accidentally hit accept button, Does anyone has else have a different idea than this?

Turn off the device, connect the console cable  Do you have any console output ? if not as suggested Raise an TAC case for replacement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yes, I tried turning it off and on, but nothing happpend. when I try to log through the console, a message saying "boot fail" is displayed.

Lock1
Level 1
Level 1

If you have configured a new switch with a wrong IP address, or if all of the switch LEDs start blinking when you are trying to enter Express Setup mode, you can clear the configured IP address. The switch returns to the factory default settings.

No Dear, this is a little old. this is a configured one(Not a New Switch). suddenly something like this happened.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card