cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading switch 2960 with 9200L switch

lcollado
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading 2960 switches with 9200L switches,  can I copy the config from the old 2960 switch and paste the config to the new 2900L switch?  would that work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I suspect that there are enough changes in command syntax, interface identification, etc that a simple cut and paste will not work. If you do have an active maintenance agreement for the 9200 I would hope that Cisco tech support would provide assistance.

If you take a copy of the current running config from the 2960 and of the new 9200 I think you should be able to identify the mismatches and how to resolve them.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

its depends on configurations. there are some changes to specific configurations. most of commands like VLANs, port modes, port security commands can use as it is.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thank you for your feedback, would Cisco tech support assist with the configuration migration, we just purchased the 9200L along with support?

I suspect that there are enough changes in command syntax, interface identification, etc that a simple cut and paste will not work. If you do have an active maintenance agreement for the 9200 I would hope that Cisco tech support would provide assistance.

If you take a copy of the current running config from the 2960 and of the new 9200 I think you should be able to identify the mismatches and how to resolve them.

HTH

Rick

I am glad that our suggestions have been helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card