Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have few 8-port 3560's (WS-C3560-8PC) that I have been using to roll out a Metro Ethernet upgrade.  I have one switch that originally configured just fine, but now it is displaying all kinds of gibberish in the console window.  Stuff like this:þ]ÿë...

Jake Pratt by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

We have issues on all of our 3650's, we are getting a lot of output discards. I believe there is bug that can produce discards that arent actually there.Port              Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize OutDiscardsGi1/0/1                ...

Hello all,I am fairly new to Cisco switches and have an issue I can’t seem to remedy.We have a switch stack with 3 nodes in it (OLD). This connects to the CORE and is being replaced with a another switch stack containing 6 nodes (NEW)During my testin...

Vidley by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have two cat6500 in VSS. With single SUP 720-10G in each chassis.    If I were to perform a redundancy force-switchover command to fail over to standby SUP which is in the other chassis.   1. What happens to the former active SUP. Is it reloaded?   2...

Hi,We have an SG300 & SG350 Series Network Switches for our offices. All the Switches Having the latest Firmware.VTP mode commands not available in that switch's, we would like to know any another protocol is there?

The premiseA switch out of the box already shows "stack behaviors and messages".As indicated correctly by Reza Sharifi and Martin L, this is common behavior on stackable models. Basically they are always "stack-ready"Device Details  Switch Ports Mode...

One of my customers has a Catalyst 3850 stack that we are looking to replace with a C9200 stack. Question is that if we need to upgrade the ios on the switches, can we upgrade member by member and still pass traffic on the members that are not being ...

Hi,Am trying to sync the time of my cisco devices to the time of my domain. I am running a windows server 2008 domain but I am not using an external time source. I have tried to point my cisco device to my domain controller as the NTP server but with...