cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zero Touch Provisioning

exd42062
Level 1
Level 1

I want to test the new zero touch provisioning feature on the 3850 or any IOS-XE 16.x.x Everest device.  I can't seem to find a IOS-XEv image on VIRL and I can't find any documentation on how to test this in a virtual environment like GNS3.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally I do  believe at this stage it is possible with GNS3 or EVE-NG

You can do if you have physical kit with APIC-EM, works like charm. or ZTP.

or wait for some other people have tried with their inputs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks BB, but I'm interested in virtual only.  I don't have any physical switches or routers and would like to test it before purchasing the hardware, which is expensive.  

All releases (classic IOS and IOS-XE) from July 2018, Zero Touch has been permanently disabled.  The command "vstack" is no longer allowed.

Leo,

I don't believe that it has been disabled. This feature is advertised for the new 9000 series Catalyst switches. The feature was released in IOS-XE 16.5.x Everest. It is a shame if you can't test it in a virtual environment.

@exd42062 wrote:
I don't believe that it has been disabled. This feature is advertised for the new 9000 series Catalyst switches. The feature was released in IOS-XE 16.5.x Everest. It is a shame if you can't test it in a virtual environment.

If that is the case, then this is probably the new Zero Touch Provisioning that requires DNAc.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card