Views
Helpful
Replies

About Cisco telepresence SX20

Nizam.Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TelePresence Experts,

When I connect my laptop with sx20 and click on 'call control tab' a message shows in the two displays of the laptop. The message  is "Snapshots require the RemoteMonitoring option key". Would you clarify me the reason and the function of 'call control tab' please....

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Nizam

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Suggest you take a look at the admin guide - page 10 onwards tells you all about the web interface.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

You can obtain the Remote Monitoring option key from Cisco Licensing and install it by navigating to Maintenance > Option Keys on you SX20.

The Remote Monitoring Option Key is no longer free, so you need to contact your partner or Cisco account manager to purchase it.

/jens

As I pointed out in my previous reply, the Remote Monitoring Key is no longer free and has to be purchased, so you need to go through your Cisco partner or Cisco Account Manager to obtain this.

This changed in January 2016, prior to that you could get the key for free from Cisco TAC, but that is no longer the case.

The part number to need to order is L-SX-SERIES-RM, last time I checked the cost was approx US$100,-.

/jens

The Remote Monitoring Key is only required if you wish to view the snapshots of the camera and content via the web interface.

The other functionality on the page (such as the ability to Dial, Hang-up, view the Directory and recent call list) works without the RM key.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Suggest you take a look at the admin guide - page 10 onwards tells you all about the web interface.

/jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the documents. I've found that remote monitoring option key needs to install. Would you help me how to install this ?

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Nizam

You can obtain the Remote Monitoring option key from Cisco Licensing and install it by navigating to Maintenance > Option Keys on you SX20.

Hi Shasmaha,

Thank you very much for your pin point ans.

Actually I'm new in this area. So would you please tell me the procedure/steps of collection the remote monitoring option key from cisco.

Regards

Nizam

As I pointed out in my previous reply, the Remote Monitoring Key is no longer free and has to be purchased, so you need to go through your Cisco partner or Cisco Account Manager to obtain this.

This changed in January 2016, prior to that you could get the key for free from Cisco TAC, but that is no longer the case.

The part number to need to order is L-SX-SERIES-RM, last time I checked the cost was approx US$100,-.

/jens

The top level SKU for this is L-TP-RM.

Then use L-C-SERIES-RM, L-MX-SERIES-RM, L-SX-SERIES-RM, L-EX-SERIES-RM or L-PROF-SERIES-RM underneath that depending on the endpoint you need the Remote Monitoring licence for.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The Remote Monitoring Option Key is no longer free, so you need to contact your partner or Cisco account manager to purchase it.

/jens

The Remote Monitoring Key is only required if you wish to view the snapshots of the camera and content via the web interface.

The other functionality on the page (such as the ability to Dial, Hang-up, view the Directory and recent call list) works without the RM key.

Wayne
--

Wayne