Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS SIP and H323 Troubleshooting Tool

cfiestas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

During the last few months I have been working on a tool called SMART. SMART will and can assist you parse and analize Cisco VCS SIP and H323 output traces either collected using netlog or by properly downloading the diagnostics log file from Cisco VCS version 7.x. I hope you find SMART a useful tool.

Overview

----------------

SMART is a POWERFUL Output log parser and analyzer 
capable of parsing and analyzing single or multiple SIP,
H323 and Q931 logs files from various platforms such as
Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server, Cisco
Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Telepresence Systems,
Cisco IOS and others. Thus, SMART reduces painful, consuming
and critical log analyzing time for the engineer while providing
accurate parsing as well as reporting.

Features

• Cisco Unified Communications     Manager  Intelligent SIP parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   H323 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   Q931 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Q931 Intelligent parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Intelligent SIP Log tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server  SIP  Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server   H323 Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence System SIP Log Tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Cius SIP parsing capabilities.
  • Quick Find (multiple search criteria within the   log or logs)
  • Powerful Call Flow and Media Reporting
  • SMART Inspector feature (double click on any  line  and new screen opens with the actual file content, matching location of   the line selected by the user)
  • Log screen Print
  • SMART Report Print
  • SMART supports .txt, .log, .dat  and most  text  file formats 
  • Detail Screen Print
  • Single and all row copy feature
  • Access to the PolarisOne database
  • Compare Files (SMART will be able to compare   xconfig and IOS configuration files)
  • Auto Self Update and or upgrades (no need to   search for new updates or upgrades files)
  • Easy Installation (interactive process)

Installation

SMART requires the following hardware and software in  order to properly install and run,

-1 GHz x86 processor
-512 MB of RAM
-512 MB Hard Disk space available
-Microsoft Windows  Professional
-Microsoft Windows Vista
-Microsoft Windows 2000
-Microsoft Windows 7
*.NET Framework 3.5 is required.

You can download SMART here  or by visiting www.telepresencebridge.com/smart

Cesar Fiestas
53 Replies 53

Hello,

I would like to thank all of you for using SMART.  Today only, we had over 2k users worldwide use SMART!  I would appreciate if you could spread the word about the tool so more users are able to utilize the tool for troubleshooting. 

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

The Webpage and the download link are down

Is there anybody who can upload the tool on any download platform?

BR

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

You can download it here

https://www.box.net/shared/ftjb3178xuvgoneyf6qh

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.

This link doesn't contain any file. Can you upload the tool again ? Or can you send it via email ?

thanks.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

The link works fine in my environment.

I guess something in your network (ex. proxy) doesn't allow you to connect the web page.

For your convenience, I upload the install file of SMART which I downloaded the other day from the web page above.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Hi,

thanks a lot!

Minor bug: I'm using proxy authentication and therefore registration server is unrecheable (error during connection)

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cesar,

since you don't have time to further develop this tool, maybe as a suggestion you want to consider to release the source code as open source (you can still have the ownership of what's included in each final release version). I think it's a great tools but needs further development, as it has some bugs (and there is no point of reinventing the wheel since you have invented already).

regards, Ahmad

Ashok Lokhande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cesar,

I am able to drag the log file but after that it is showing error message

"The file which you are trying to analyze does not contain the proper values/ data matching your analysis criteria."

Kindly assist with this.