Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS (Acano) sftp - access denied

thorstenn
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we are trying to upload license files to the CMS server via SFTP with admin user. Its not possible. We are getting "Permission denied" . Creating a new admin user shows the same behavior.

We are using version CMS 2.0.2 -> "RELEASE_2_0_2016-08-03_15-19-41"

Its a new installation. No upgrade of a 1.9.x version.

Cheers

Thorsten

21 Replies 21

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thorsten,

In order to transfer the license file to the MMP of your Meeting Server using SFTP:
a. Find the IP address of the MMP using the MMP command: iface a
b. Connect your SFTP client to the IP address of the MMP and log in using the credentials of an MMP admin user.

Regards,

Shashank

Hi Shashank, thx.

But with CMS 2.0.1 it looks like you dont need a license.dat file only the lic file is needed.

Cheers

Thorsten

Yes you need to rename the license file to cms.lic before uploading the license file.

i am talking about the license.dat file not the lic file

According to the Acano website, license.dat is for the use of XMPP, see How does licensing work on the Acano solution, and reading through the CMS 2.0 Release Notes it appears that this license is already included within the software.

Thx Guys. All correct. BTW. i got a CMS.LIC file and tried to upload it, not working, first after i named it cms.lic it worked. So its case sensitive.

In case of Acano virtualized deployment, you are supposed to upload the XMPP License Key File (license.dat) yourself using SFTP. But as per release notes for Cisco Meeting Server 2.0, XMPP license is included in the Cisco Meeting Server software itself.

I was able to SFTP into CMS 2.0.1 , however, i did not find license.dat file here.

Hi,

How do i download the PKI/self signed certificate using sftp ?

In CMS 2.0, the XMPP license ('license.dat') file has been removed, meaning only one license file will remain, cms.lic (this has been renamed from acano.lic). However a callbridge license will now be needed for the xmpp server to start.

frankdaemmrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have the same problem.

If we want to upload new image files for update and new certificates, it don´t work. The server react with „No permission“, but we have admin rights.

We used serveral admin accounts and WinSCP and Filezilla. No changes.

If we try to change files or add new files it´s the same.

What can be the problem?

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

Did you resolve your issue? I am having the same problem sftp is being rejected by CMS server so won't connect to it to upload license file?

Hi 

Im facing the same problem, Have you resolved the issue?

Regds
$

Use winscp. That is what am using.Enter the IP address of cms, password and user ID. You will be good  to go

Hi Collin,

I'm using winscp too, and I'm trying to copy a CMS upgrade file to CMS Server (2.8) but Im getting below error.

I tried to disabling resume transfer, but when I disable resume transfer it not allowing me to copy the file. 

Regds

$winscp error CMS .png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: