cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber video with vcse

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

we have a vcsc and vcse in our environment, and have deployed some jabber video for users which register to our vcse.

when we call from a c90 endpoint (registered to vcsc) to jabber video on ipad (registered to vcse), some users did not get the video but some has no problem. Is it related to the internet / firewall issue on the jabber users? how can we prove that?

Also, when we hang up the call, it didn't seems to be really hangup ...the call is still holding... what will be the problem?

thanks.

14 Replies 14

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Melany,

There could be multiple issues for this problem.

Could you please share the below mentioned things with us :-

• Architecture or the Topology of your Video Network
  • Software Versions of the Device.
  • Was it working before or is it a new installation ?
  • You mentioned C90 to Ipad call has problem... Is it same for Ipad to C90 Call ( VCSe to VCSc) ?
  • Users who dont have problem , are they in LAN or WAN?

And as you said, there could be chances or the higher probabliity of Firewall issues as found in most scenarios.

For this you would have to pull the event logs from the VCS or the Debug Logs from the VCSc and attach it here, so that we can look at get back to you - What exactly is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Saurabh Gupta

Hi Saurabh,

Both vcsc and vcse versions is 7.2.1

It is a new installation.

I found in most of the cases, c90 call to ipad, no video shown on ipad, but when ipad call to c90, both sides have video.

If both ends are in LAN, there is no problem at all, so i wonder if it is firewall or internet issues at user end...

But it is hard to prove...

i will collect the logs and attached here.

thanks.

Hi Melany, I would advice you to open a TAC SR and attach both VCS-C and VCS-E diagnostic debug logs for further assistance.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

i found that when there is no video shown in the call, from the call history, ths status is "

481 Call/Transaction Does Not Exist"....any idea?

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Melany,

Prior opening TAC case, please test below calls:

1. Calls within VCS-C registered devices working fine ?

2. Calls within VCS-E registered devices working fine ?

3. Calls from IPad registered to VCS-E to C90- registered to VCS-C are woring fine ? Ipad --> C90

4. Calls from C90- registered to VCS-C to IPad registered to VCS-E are working fine ? C90 --> IPad

For case 3 & 4, collect the network debug logs and then raise a SR.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

hi summet,

1-3 works fine, 4 some users works while some didn't...

i will raise a SR...thank you all.

sagsheth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Melany,

In such cases where there is no media, the issue is related to NAT(most of the times)

These users are internet users and will be behind NAT (using home router etc). Have you eneabled ICE/TURN on VCS expressway.

ICE/TURN will help you to fix the issue if it is related to NAT.

Regards,

Sagar

Don't forget to provision ICE as well as turning it on on the VCS-E.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Sagar and Jens,

Is it just configured on for VCS Configuration > Expressway > TURN > TURN services?

I just turned it on but still the same..

I checked in Status > TURN relays...there is nothing there, is it normal or i missed anything?

i just did some tests and it quite weird....

i added the option key for TMSPE and it looks fine now (with TURN is off)....

it seems not related....anyone has this experience?

Hi Melany,

You need to enable the ICE on Jabber template from TMS. You also need to setup following

• Enable “ICE” by selecting “on”
  • Configure TURN server in “TurnServer”
  • Configure  TURN authentication realm user name in “TurnAuthUsername” (same as what  you configure as authentication realm name in TURN server).
  • Configure  TURN authentication realm user password in “TurnAuthPassword” (same as  what you configure as authentication realm password in TURN server).

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sagar

Hi Sagar,

after i configured in the tms jabber template, when I checked in Status > TURN relays...there is nothing there...

is there anything i have missed?

thanks.

Hi Melany,

- Login to expressway

- Navigate to VCS configuration>Expressway>TURN

- Enable the TURN

- Click on "Click to configure TURN client credentails" or something like that, i dont exactly remember however you will         hyperlink in the same page.

Here realm/username and password should be same as what you have configured in jabber template parameter TurnAuthUSername and TurnAuthPassword

-Regards,
Sagar

thanks Sagar...seems it works, the  TURN relays only shows whenever there is active call using it, right?

besides, i have the hangup issue.... when i press end call in my jabber client, the call only end in the jabber client side, but in the c90, the call is still holding....do you know why?