Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Dropping Out When Accessed

philekiert
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

We're setting up our first SX80 to iron out creases and we've hit a pretty big one, definitely feeling like we're missing something relatively obvious.

We can set the kit up on the network by applying the IPv4 address, subnet and gateway, we can ping it, but then as soon as we trying to do anything through the web interface it disappears off the network.

We can log in to the web interface which is the strange thing, but doing literally anything else makes it drop. We want to try it on Telnet also, but we can't switch it on in NetworkServices without the web interface.

If anyone doesn't have a straight-up answer, the serial link specifications would be useful as well since it would allow us to at least explore and adjust more advanced settings. Can't get any help directly from Cisco since this SX80 doesn't have the necessary support tied to the serial number.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

leebrown2
Level 1
Level 1

If you change the Network speed from auto to 100/full on the touch screen under the IPV4/VLAN settings, this appears to have worked for me.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connect to the codec via the Serial Port with the following settings:

Baud rate: 115200

Data bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: None.

Here are the links to the SX80's most recent API Guide and  Admin Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/api-reference-guide/sx80-api-reference-guide-tc73.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx80-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

Would there be a change in the settings to be able to discover the SX80 on TMS vs the SX20 on TMS?

You need to be running TMS version 14.4 or later to have support for the SX80.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have discovered and am able to adjust all available settings on the SX80 using TMS ver 14.3.2 currently, what do you mean by support?

By "support" I mean be fully supported by Cisco - anything that's not supported will not gain you any assistance from Cisco if you have an issue.  It's highly recommended that you use combinations of software that are fully supported. Support for the MX700 and SX80 endpoints was officially included in TMS version 14.4, as was support for software version TC7.3 and higher.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ah OK I understand, good to know.

Many Thanks.

leebrown2
Level 1
Level 1

If you change the Network speed from auto to 100/full on the touch screen under the IPV4/VLAN settings, this appears to have worked for me.

Duplex mismatch usually the issue especially during video calls when you experienced large packet loss and jitter.

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

FYI,

I've seen SX units reset when NTP wasn't configured on the unit. (ie not contactable).

But if you've sorted out the issue then all good.

Cheers.