cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer multiple DN's from 1 physical phone.

ijvasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Our old system allows the secretary to answer 3 lines from her desk. She does this while the other folks are away at lunch. We have a new CM in place and are attempting to give her the ability to answer the other lines. We have set up a Group Pickup for now, but would really like all phones to ring.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For starters you could enable an audible alert on the call pickup group. You could also create a pickup-enabled BLF so she can see the alerting status of the other DNs. Both of these are covered in the Call Pickup chapter of the features and services guide.

Another option would be to add the other directory numbers on her phones as additional line apearences. The process is identical to adding a directory number. You will likely need to modify the Phone Button Template first is all.

Jonathan,

Can you add an existing DN as another line? I only see the option to add a new DN..

dn_image.jpg

Nevermind, I see that it populates all the needed info if you use an existing DN. But I do not see how to add more than two lines to a Cisco model 7940 phone..

Message was edited by: William Hoover

This phone only has 2 buttons, so it can have 2 different lines there. If more than 2 lines, you will need a different model phone with more button, and setup a new Button phone template to set those button as Line option.

Dat

What you're looking for (multiple DNs per button) can only be done in CUCME.

If they go at a fixed time to lunch you might use TOD to re-route the calls to her DN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I assumed being that it was all digital the number of lines allowed would be a licensing limitation and not a limitation of the physical device. I figured you could create soft buttons for the additional lines. Guess I assumed wrong.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Setup the IP Manager Assistant application.  Then she'll be able to see all three and the other 3 folks can divert their calls to her when necessary.