Replies

Call forward no answer - Unity Auto Attendant

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have a simple AA setup with CUC and CUCM

"Thank you for calling XXXX"
"If you know your party's extension, please dial it now." (transfers to cucm ext)
"If not please dial 0 for Operator:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associate with Users or Call Handlers is enabled

What do i need to configure, if the party's extension do not pickup after 10 rings, and i want it to loop back to the AA greetings?

Assuming none of users has voicemail configured.

Which does not quite make sense either to configure "Call forward No answer" to AA CTI number on the line for all the extensions in the company.

Appreciate any advise

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which does not quite make sense either to configure "Call forward No answer" to AA CTI number on the line for all the extensions in the company.

If the requirement is to send the call back to AA, then you will need to do this only. I don't see an issue in doing this for the lines looking at the kind of requirement you have. If you have lot of extensions to work with, use BAT then.

Regards

Deepak

Hi, i would perhaps say - requirement for pstn incoming calls to AA --> transfer to Ext --> CFNA--> AA

when i mention that it doesnt make sense becuz if i were to config on line ext; internal callers calling each other it will enable CFNA to AA which is not quite right.

Any other solution to this? There has to be a better way to do this.

what about forwarding it to operator when caller do not answer?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the good info from my friend Deepak (+5)

You could leverage the CFNA - Internal & CFNA - External settings on the DN/Extension config to send external no answer calls to AA and internal no answer calls to an operator. This way your internal calls won't loop back to AA as you nicely noted.

Cheers!

Rob

shaneblackwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello J_Vansen_S,

Have you tried using the supervise transfer option on the system handler in CUC, its in the greetings setting?

The assumption here is you're using system call handlers which has the extension (DN) set to the CTI number and then set the transfer rule (Standard) to go to the DN for the operator, as well as the Caller Input.

I'll be honest here, I'm having some issues with something similar except my issue is calls going to a hunt group via a caller input but it timing out to voicemail after 1 ring.  So I've not come across this issue as such but I was playing around with supervise transfer and it seemed to help when calling directly to a single DN - which might work for you.