cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9900 IP Phone Feature Questions:

tammmill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So I'm looking at the Data sheets for the 9900 series phones and wonder if you can answer a couple questions for me.

1) Looks like the phone can connect wirelessly instead of wired which is kind of cool, If you have the phone connected wirelessly, can you still use the PC port on the phone to connect a PC (i.e. use the phone to connect a PC that does not have a wireless NIC)?

2) Are there any limitations to the USB Headsets or should it work with "any" USB headset?

3) Am i correct in reading this is a SIP only phone and that it does not do SCCP Support?

4) Power is listed as 802.3af and 802.3at support.  Are there any limitations when using 802.3af instead of 802.3at? I am guessing the USB ports may require the Class 4 PoE?

5) It looks like these are just supported on Communications Manager 7.1(3) or later.  I assume they will work in SRST as well? if so what IOS version / SRST version would be required to support these phones (or does it matter?)

136 Replies 136

Hello Igor,

You can chek the ordering guide for IP phones. On page 56 you have:

"For Cisco Unified Communicationsversions 7.1(5) and later:

CP-9951-W-K9=: US$795.00 + $210 UCL

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951, Arctic White, Standard Handset

CP-9951-W-CAM-K9=: US$795.00 + $295.00 UCL

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951, Arctic White, Standard Handset with Camera"

$295.00 UCL is $210.00 for LIC-CUCM-USR - License - 1 Enhanced User and $85.00 for LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID - Adjunct license for 1 audio or video Endpoint or Softclient.

As far as I know in CUCM 8.0 user licensing is not enforced and if you ordered it wrong there won't be a problem for now since the camera does not consume DLUs.

BR,

Stoyan

shell99102
Level 1
Level 1

Do the new phone support Unity 7x Message Monitoring / Phone View? If I try to configure Message Monitoring through the TUI, it fails but if I manually turn it on by editing the SQL table with the number and MAC, it works.

Thanks,

Mike Shelley

Hi Mike,

Can you check to see if "web access" is set to enable on the 9971 device page?

Regards,

David

malekmike
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the latest timeline that I have seen, which is not in stone until an official announcement and product commitment.  This is just hoping that 8.6 will include the 99xx series and integrate into the UC500.

Software Pack - 8.6.0  Release Timeframe 2011 Jun  IOS 15.1(4)M CME - 8.6 CUE - 8.5 Compatible CCS - 3.1

Hi guys,

How about CP-CKEM-C=? Is this expansion module supported on CME 8.5? If not, will it be on 8.6? CP-CKEM-C= is a nice add-on to the 99XX IP phones.

Regards,

Alex.

Currently these expansion modules are not supported on CME 8.5 and 8.6

Thanks for your reply Mili.

I know that the video camera for 9900 phones will be supported on 8.6. Should I understand that there are no plans for supporting the console on CUCME at all? Can you please give us at least some inside rumors on this matter? We don't necessarily need an official statement. :)

Thanks a lot,

Alex.

ok so let me say that the support for the expansion modules is in the roadmap for CME with no current ETA and the project is not committed yet.

Thanks a lot for your reply Milli. One more thing and I will stop bothering you. :) Can you please tell us if things are different for the video camera of the 9900 series or just the same as with the console?

Regards,

Alex.

it is native video on the 99xx phones and so the user experience is enhanced.

Mili I think you misunderstood my question. I want to know if the video call on 99XX phones will be supported on CUCME 8.6 or nothing official is committed yet just like with the add-on console.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Alex.

that is committedn and video support on 99xx will be supported in CUCME 8.6 ( ETA march 31st 2011 )

Dear Sir,

I wanted to know any update regarding the expenstion module support on CME for 9971.

Regards

J P Singh

Hello,

Per Mili's response a few threads above, there is no committed plan at this time to support the IP Color Key Expansion Module for IP Phone 8961/9951/9971 on Communications Manager Express.

If you have business case information that could help move this forward to becoming a committed program (i.e., volume requirement assessment), do feel free to send a private email to Mili via yoru community access to share that information. That is always useful.

Thank you for being a member of the Cisco Collaboration Community.

Regards,

Kirk McNeill

Collaboration Solutions Marketing

Cisco Systems

Hello,

Just curious about how big a business case should be for a given feature to make it in release on CME, UCM, UCCX, etc.?

An on side note, shouldn't Cisco be trying to have feature parity in CME-UCM, UCCX-UCCE and just have them scale differentlly?