cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9900 IP Phone Feature Questions:

tammmill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So I'm looking at the Data sheets for the 9900 series phones and wonder if you can answer a couple questions for me.

1) Looks like the phone can connect wirelessly instead of wired which is kind of cool, If you have the phone connected wirelessly, can you still use the PC port on the phone to connect a PC (i.e. use the phone to connect a PC that does not have a wireless NIC)?

2) Are there any limitations to the USB Headsets or should it work with "any" USB headset?

3) Am i correct in reading this is a SIP only phone and that it does not do SCCP Support?

4) Power is listed as 802.3af and 802.3at support.  Are there any limitations when using 802.3af instead of 802.3at? I am guessing the USB ports may require the Class 4 PoE?

5) It looks like these are just supported on Communications Manager 7.1(3) or later.  I assume they will work in SRST as well? if so what IOS version / SRST version would be required to support these phones (or does it matter?)

136 Replies 136

Hello,

Feature parity where value for the market - totally agree.

However, one cannot accomplish feature parity in one fell swoop - so it becomes calls of prioritization. Thus, my suggestion to the author of the prior discussion thread that if can provide some feedback to mili regarding volume of need, might accelerate this implementation over another that does not have such data. Power of info basically.

Trust this helps.

Kirk

Hi,

Just as a note I have my test 9951's finally up and running on 8.5 CME on an ISR, and I was even reading on how to setup video on 8.6 when it comes out (don't know why the docs are available yet on CCO). But I did have one question; does CME and CUE GUI's support SIP phones?

Thanks,

Bob James

Bob

You may have seen this already but at least on the CLI you have commands

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1073239

Srini

Guys, any update on UCME 8.6? It's already 04/06/2011; someone mentioned that it was going to be released 3/31/2011. Thanks.

It is slated towards June for 8.6 releases

Srini

CME 8.6 is released with IOS 15.1(4)M.

However the cme specific tar bbundle will be published on CCO around end of the week

mdaftary -

You wrote "CME 8.6 is released with IOS 15.1(4)M.

However the cme specific tar bbundle will be published on CCO around end of the week"

That's great news, but I believe the previous post was in reference to it being available for install on the UC500 platform.

If it's coming earlier, or can be installed on the UC 500 now, that's awesome.

UC500 release comes later. I dont have the exact date on that one

Hi Mili,

This is mean 9900 series is on the roadmap for UC500. Right?

At this time, do you think package 8.6 for UC500 (should be available January 2012) will support 9900 series phone?

Tks.

Mario

Hi Mario;

Yes, planned to be available with next SW pack (Jan 2012).

Regards
Alberto

Which week, I don't see it out yet?

IOS for CME 8.6 is already posted on CCO 15.1(4)M.

There is a delay in getting the cme 8.6 TAR bundle on CCO...should be in a day or two.

please check back again.

LEt me know if yu need to know anything specific and i can address that here.

Mili

OK

I've upgraded my ISR to 8.6 to get video working on the 9951's I have. I have configured it in voice register global (and on the pool's themselves) but I know I missing more; like buttons, can someone point me in the right direction for documentaion on this, or let me know what's needed.

Again it's CME 8.6 with 9951's (built in cameras)

Thanks,

Bob James

Hi

do you have the video working ? if not paste me the config and I will look at it.

Thanks

Mili

On April 11th you mentioned that there was a slight delay in regards to the TAR bundle for CME 8.6, but that it should be available in the next day or two.  I'm still not seeing it?  Has this been pushed off or delayed for release?  Looking forward to Cisco Mobile working on the iPhone with it.