Hi

I have CUCM 12 and many IP phone

I must activate DTMF on each IP phone to have outgoing call work

I will like to know how I can configure DTMF on CUCM directly on one place 

I dont want to configure DTMF on each IP phone

Please advise

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Sounds like you might have misunderstood what you need to do. There is normally nothing related with DTMF that you configure on the phones. Can you please give a description on the situation you have and especially any problem that you face in as much details as possible?

Response Signature

Hi

I have configured the phone and activated this option. And it work

- Require DTMF Reception

but I dont want to activate this option on each ip phone

I would like to know if it is possible to activate it only on one point of the CUCM (for exemple on the trunk)

That's not a setting that you would normally ever touch. We have thousands of phones and none of them have this set. All of them can make calls to internal and external parties.

Please describe the problem you have and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out.

Response Signature

Thanks for your answer

I am using some IVR server that use DTMF

When I activate that option on the ip phone , comunication with that IVR work

When I desactivate it on the Ip phone, communication with the IVR doesnt work

But I dont want to actvate it on each IP phone

That is why I need to activate it some where else on the cucm (trunk, ...)

There are DTMF settings that can be set on trunks. For us to be able to help you out you need to give a little information on how your IVR is integrated with CUCM. We are not familiar with your specific system landscape and can not really give you much valuable advice with the sparse information you give so far.

Response Signature

So your IVR system  DTMF is working on  in-band and not via the Named Telephone Event (NTE) system.

if you provide the details how its integrated with CUCM, we can see the best option to turn on. 

Response Signature

Hi

I dont have much information on that IVR server

He juste ask me to activate DTMF

When I activate option below on the ip phone , it work

- Require DTMF Reception

When I desactivate it on the Ip phone, communication with the IVR doesnt work

But I dont want to actvate it on each IP phone

That is why I need to activate it some where else on the cucm (trunk, ...)

How can I activate DTMF on trunk ?

Please advise

At the very bottom of the trunk configuration in the CUCM there is a setting for DTMF. Try different settings and reset the trunk after each change you do before you test again.

Response Signature

Can you apply MTP on MRGL and apply it on the phone device pool and see if it works.

Response Signature

It doesnt work

If you prefer to use Require DTMF Reception and want to activate it on all phones this can be achieved using Bulk Update Phones.

2.PNG

Or as @Roger Kallberg mentioned  You can try changing the   on IVR trunk. You need to consider the MTP when changing the DTMF and below document explains when to use MTP.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/understanding-sip-dtmf-options-supported-by-cucm/ba-p/3107307

Response Signature