Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - No valid upgrade options were found

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

suddenly our Callmanager doesn't recognise upgrades on our FTP-server. After choosing "Install/Upgrade" -> "Next" the system connects to the FTP and after a while states: "No valid upgrade options were found".
I checked the connection (firewall) and all credentials - no problem here. Our IM&Presence and UnityConnection are working fine with the same settings.

I found some old posts regarding this problem but they all referred to much older versions. We're using 14.0.1.12900. Any help is appreciated.

Thx
Stephan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC solved it. The /var/log/install/downloaded_versions didn't have the correct permissions.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Which file are you attempting to install? Are you performing an upgrade? Please note, a valid upgrade option will only be displayed if the files in the SFTP folder are applicable.

Response Signature

Yes, I have several files within the FTP-folder, some COPs and upgrade-ISOs. I can access them by IM&P or UnityConnection but not from the Callmanager. All files are .cop.sha512 or .sha512.iso.

I don't know if it's important but I ran a bunch of recommended commands to free up space from this guide:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/221038-troubleshoot-full-common-partition-in-cu.html

What if you load a non sha512 file to the FTP, does the system see it?  sha512 is native in anything past 12.5 SU4.  You shouldn't need it in 14, but if you install the sha512 support COP file, does that fix your issue?

ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

We have some more files stored there (i. e. *.fwu and *.bin) but CUCM doesn't recognise them either.

Yes I thought about making sure and install the mentioned fix. But how do I do it, since I cannot install anything!?

It should be visible. Have you attempted to use a different SFTP server? Even after trying a different SFTP server, I would suggest opening a TAC case as this doesn’t seem to be normal behavior.

Response Signature

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, tried different options, Linux, 3rd-party - all the same.
Thanks for trying to help me out here, will open a case and post here as soon as we got this riddle solved...

TAC says the problem is the near full active partition. I seriously doubted that and made space (increased vm, moved the partitions). Now I have plenty of space available on every partition (partitions are still aligned). Still the Callmanager refuses to find any upgrade files, regardless if I use SFTP, FTP or DVD. Tried it via GUI and CLI with no luck. TAC asks me to install variuos COP-files again but doesn't provide me with a way how to to this.

If anyone here can help me out with another way to provide upgrade files please let me know.

TAC solved it. The /var/log/install/downloaded_versions didn't have the correct permissions.

I don't know if this is applicable, but I have had odd issues when using an FTP server to access really small COP files. Accessing the same COP file in the same location via SFTP worked. I didn't spend much time researching why since the work-around was easy.

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

OK after a bit of searching I've discovered the issue, it's a bug! - CSCuz93073