Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM pre upgrade COP file issue CUCM 12.5SU5

amarjeets
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

So I am planning on upgrading CUCM from 12.5SU5 to 12.5SU8 and for that i ran pre-upgrade COP file yesterday, it failed with one error of space required, so just to be cautious I purged logs by changing watermarks in RTMT, but today when I again ran that COP file, it is not running and popping errors as follows:

"Error encountered: Copstart script of ciscocm.preUpgradeCheck-00033.cop failed Warning: A system reboot is required when the upgrade process completes or is canceled. This will ensure services affected by the upgrade process are functioning properly. Note: system reboot may not be required for a COP file. Please follow the instructions seen at the end of the COP installation."

Copstart script of ciscocm.preUpgradeCheck-00033.cop failed

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Roger Kallberg Thanks, there was some issue with my SFTP directory in which COP file was, I changed directory to some other folder, and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I have never run the pre-upgrade COP file twice, but maybe you need to restart the server.

I have and typically there should be no problem with running the pre or post check multiple times. @amarjeets The warning that you get is the standard error message that you always get if an installation fails, as such it’s a generic message. On the topic why the pre check COP file fails I’m not sure, very likely you’ll need to look into the installation log file or request help from TAC on this.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg Thanks, there was some issue with my SFTP directory in which COP file was, I changed directory to some other folder, and it worked fine.