Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Unrestricted or Restricted for Export-Controlled Function

Sergey 1907
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all!

I have permission to use an activation token with Export-Controlled Functionality. I need this for OAuth to work properly and CP-78xx/88xx via MRA. Should I switch to version CUCM Restricted from CUCM Unrestricted for use this activation token?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I'm not sure about that, haven't had this situation up until now. I would say, yes.

To be sure, in my case, I would re-register it. Shouldn't be a problem in normal cases.

View solution in original post

1) Generate new Tocken with Export-Controlled Function

2) On CUCM - System - License Management to the upper right corner and

3) Select from the drop-down list: Re-register

Thats All ))

You need CUCM Restricted versions for SiP oAuth.

Response Signature

19 Replies 19

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

no, you don't need to switch from restricted to unrestricted.

Hey b.winter

That is, I just need to re-register it with a new token?

Hi,

I'm not sure about that, haven't had this situation up until now. I would say, yes.

To be sure, in my case, I would re-register it. Shouldn't be a problem in normal cases.

1) Generate new Tocken with Export-Controlled Function

2) On CUCM - System - License Management to the upper right corner and

3) Select from the drop-down list: Re-register

Thats All ))

Hope you are on version 14.

OAuth support for SIP registrations is extended for

• Cisco Jabber devices from Cisco Unified Communications Manager 12.5 release onwards

• SIP Phones from Cisco Unified Communications ManagerRelease 14 onwards

SIP OAuth Mode Prerequisites

This feature assumes that you have already completed the following:
  • Ensure Mobile and Remote Access is configured and the connection is established between Unified Communication Manager and Expressway.

• Ensure Unified Communications Manager is registered to a Smart or Virtual account with allow export-controlled functionality.

• Ensure client firmware supports SIP OAuth.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/14_0/cucm_b_security-guide-1401/cucm_m_sip-oauth-mode-on-unified.html

Response Signature

Hey Nithin

Yes, I am using 14SU1. And precisely because of the options listed you above, I asked Cisco set Export-Controlled Function as Allowed in my Smart Account. I will it do now

Sergey 1907
Level 1
Level 1

And in the End:

VMware Installation:
2 vCPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
Disk 1: 110GB, Partitions aligned
8192 Mbytes RAM

admin:utils sipOAuth-mode enable
Failed to set SIP OAuth mode.
SIP OAuth mode may not be enabled on an export unrestricted (XU) version of Cisco Unified CM

Executed command unsuccessfully

admin:

Epic fail.... interesting work ahead)))

Let me try this on my Lab. 

Response Signature

That's a good thought for Nitfin. I have 14SU1 unrestricted. I will wait for your answer

Hey Nithin

Have you any news for me?

I don't know, if that answers your question, but regarding this discussion (https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/migration-from-unrestricted-to-restricted-cucm-version/ta-p/3160201) there is no way to change from unrestricted to restricted.

It seems, that you have to install a restricted version and configure / bulk everything in there.

I know there is no migration mechanism, but both versions support importing anything from CSV via Bulk Administrator. The main thing is to bind phones to users, the latter I will take from AD

You need to make use of Bulk  export/import method when migrating from unrestricted to restricted. 

Response Signature

I thought it was possible to restore the DRS backup to do this?

Response Signature