Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Direct routing in CUBE

rajeshpat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are facing high CPU utilization issue in one of the CUBE router due to which the calls are getting disconnected by triggering the RTMT alert as "Route List Exhausted" with cause code 63. So when we work on that we came to know from TAC that the current IOS version has to be upgraded to the latest one (Fuji 16.9.7 to Amsterdam 17.9.1). But in this new version, the direct call routing is presented. so now I want to know whether this Direct Call routing is auto-enabled. If so how can it be disabled? Please help me with this.  

Regards,
Raj

12 Replies 12

Hi Raj, 

Apologies for my ignorance, what do you mean by direct call routing is presented?  Could you please post the reference here? 

Regards,

Sorry my bad, it is Direct Routing for Microsoft Phone System (MS Team) to do inbound and outbound calls through CUBE as its SBC. This feature is available from version IOS-XE - 17.2.1r for the CUBE version 12.8.0. So we don't need this feature to be enabled by default. If so then how to disable it.  

I have the same question as @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil, what do you mean by Direct routing? Could you please elaborate and/or post the reference document where you got this from?

Response Signature

Sorry, it is Direct Routing for Microsoft Phone System (MS Team) to do inbound and outbound calls through CUBE as its SBC. This feature is available from version IOS-XE - 17.2.1r for the CUBE version 12.8.0. So we don't need this feature to be enabled by default. If so then how to disable it.  

Direct Routing for MS Teams is not a "feature", which needs to be "enabled" or "disabled".

It's just a SIP Trunk configuration on CUBE. So either you need this configuration and therefore you configure it or not.

Hi Rajesh, 

As others mentioned, direct routing is not a plug-in feature to turn on and off. To enable direct routing, you have to perform a list of configuration changes, and certificate management in the CUBE IOS. But to make the direct routing works in CUBE, the minimum IOS requirement is IOS-XE - 17.2.1r. 

If you can share the CUBE error logs when the issue happened, the community members can help you in a better way to troubleshoot the issue. or you can check the following links for Route List exhausted issues 

1. Cisco doc.
  2. Community thread  

Regards, 

Hi Shalid,

Thanks for your guidance. Now we are planning to upgrade to IOS-XE - 17.2.1r. So as you mentioned, this version will support direct call routing only if the required commands are configured. If not it will not work. 

Is my understanding is correct.?

Also can you able to share the command for enabling this direct call routing?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Direct routing for Microsoft teams is also supported in other versions. The Cisco docs don't mention any min. / max. versions, only the one, which Cisco used for testing.

There are a lot of Cisco docs, that will guide you step by step how to configure CUBE for this integration.

The forum is not here, to do the google search for you.

Hi Rajesh, 

yes, you have to follow the steps mentioned in the guides.  you can find the guide here

@b.winter As per the Cisco document, the minimum version of IOS is specified or I am being misinterpreted the sentence in the following snippet. 

image.png

Regards, 

Yes you are correct.

They seem to have added it in the latest version of the doc. It wasn't there in the past.

The note outlines the minimum version for Cube and as that is tightly associated with IOS versions your point is valid. There are minimum version needed. As a whole as I read that note is that the document is based on a specific release and that Cisco recommend that this or later versions are used. It does not mean that it is a mandated limit. However if you where to seek assistance from TAC and you're on an earlier release they would likely tell you to upgrade.

Response Signature

Direct Routing for MS Teams integration is a set of configuration elements that you put into the SBC. It is not enabled by magic once you upgrade to a IOS version that has support for this type of integration. There is a very good documentation on how to set this up, but as you don't want to have this set I'm saving you the information on this specific.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: