Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling "Wait while I transfer your call" and "Thank you for calling"

kridge
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version 10.5.x

How do I disable Cisco announcements, "Wait while I transfer your call" and "Thank you for calling"? I have found reference to this issue in this forum and Google'd but without any real solution or even Cisco documentation referencing these announcements. We've had several complaints where the outside caller reaches call handler and presses 1 to be put in queue where caller hears, "Wait while I transfer your call" followed by "Thank you for calling" only for some reason "Thank" is cut off so it sounds like "*ck you for calling". Please help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Have you seen this bug/enhancement;

"Wait While I Transfer Your Call" control for Caller input transfers
CSCuy17961
Symptom:
When transferring the call via System Call Handler -> Caller input -> Transfer to Alternate Contact number, the user can hear "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" and there is no option to disable it.

Conditions:

Workaround:
Send the call to another Call Handler using transfer option and disable the prompt on transfer rules there. This can be done as follow:
-create a new Call Handler, without extension, e.g. Call Handler CH-Test-1
-on the Call Handler CH-Test-1 go to Edit > Transfer Rules > Alternate
-set the Alternate Transfer Rule to Enabled With No End Date and Time, set the Transfer Calls To Extension (provide Extension in CUCM you wish to transfer call to) and uncheck the Play the Wait While I Transfer Your call Prompt option
-next, go to the original Call Handler, then go to Edit > Caller Input > select the digit under which the action for transfer
-under Caller Input for a digit select Action : Call Handler, select CH-Test-1 from the drop down list and select option Attempt Transfer

View solution in original post

Hi there,

First off, you are most welcome!

The message "Thank you....." is most likely coming from the Hunt Queue setup in CUCM and could be the "initial announcement". You can check the settings from the doc linked below to look at the "Announcement" settings within CUCM>

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200453-Configure-CUCM-Native-Call-Queuing-Featu.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the "Wait while I transfer your call" is part of the standard transfer rule configurations since the 8.x release - here's a link to the help section on that:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrgx/8xcucgrg060.html

I'm not sure what you're talking about with "Thank you for calling" - that's not a standard system prompt so far as I know, presumably it's a recorded greeting that needs to be changed?

Thanks for response, lindborg.

"Wait while I transfer your call" is a transfer option that is supposed to be enabled/disabled using a checkbox. Unchecking does not disable for me. I've attached an image of the Edit Transfer Rule from Call Handler Basics from one of my working Call Handlers showing the unchecked box. Do I need to restart a service or something after making such a change?

"Thank you for calling" must be coming from somewhere else but no idea. If for example, a call comes into the above call handler, the caller is presented with options (1 to be placed in queue, 2 for billing office, etc.). If caller chooses option 1 to be placed in queue, the call is transferred to extension 3100 to be put in queue and while being sent to 3100 the caller hears "Wait while I transfer your call" followed by "thank you for calling". If I pick up the phone and dial 3100 directly, I also hear "thank you for calling" just before being put into queue. Maybe because this number (3100) is not associated with a physical device or voicemail box? 

Have you installed Remote Port Status Monitor from Unity Tools and then stepped through one of the call scenarios to see what is actually taking place. 

Below are results from Remote Port Status Monitor - I was unable to "Fetch All data" because I apparently don't know root password - thought my Unity Administrator password would work. Instructions seem to imply that TAC has root password so if I'm wrong about this, please advise on how to attain root credentials.

My interpretation of the below output would suggest what Lindborg said, which is that "Thank you for calling" is not generated by Unity - so where is it coming from? While my call is in queue, I hit Option 3 which I'm assuming is represented by - Display, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, DTMF received [3] followed a few lines down in the log by State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHTransfer.cde!CheckPlayTransferIntro which is probably message, "Wait while I transfer your call"

CallData, 17, CallerId=XXX-XXX-XXXXX, CalledId=1988, RedirectingId=1988, AltRedirectingId=, Origin=16, Reason=8, CallGuid=57442EFAA5B04A839D8E4913B80791B2, CallerName=, LastRedirectingId=1988, AltLastRedirectingId=, LastRedirectingReason=8, PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001

Application, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, AttemptForward

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - AttemptForward.cde!Dummy

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Event is [NULL]

Application, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, PHTransfer

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHTransfer.cde!LoadInfo

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Event is [TrueEvent]

Application, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, PHGreeting

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting

Display, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Call answered if needed

Display, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Playing greeting for Call Handler:  CFAM_AA

Display, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, DTMF received [3]

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Event is [NULL]

Application, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, PHTransfer

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHTransfer.cde!LoadInfo

Display, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Answer Phone if needed

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Event is [FalseEvent]

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHTransfer.cde!CheckPlayTransferIntro

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, Event is [FalseEvent]

State, 17, XXX-XXX-XXXXX, State - PHTransfer.cde!XferCall

State, 17, 7001, Event is [HangupEvent]

State, 17, 7001, State - PHTransfer.cde!DoHangUp

State, 17, 7001, Event is [HangupEvent]

Display, 17, 7001, Idle

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Have you seen this bug/enhancement;

"Wait While I Transfer Your Call" control for Caller input transfers
CSCuy17961
Symptom:
When transferring the call via System Call Handler -> Caller input -> Transfer to Alternate Contact number, the user can hear "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" and there is no option to disable it.

Conditions:

Workaround:
Send the call to another Call Handler using transfer option and disable the prompt on transfer rules there. This can be done as follow:
-create a new Call Handler, without extension, e.g. Call Handler CH-Test-1
-on the Call Handler CH-Test-1 go to Edit > Transfer Rules > Alternate
-set the Alternate Transfer Rule to Enabled With No End Date and Time, set the Transfer Calls To Extension (provide Extension in CUCM you wish to transfer call to) and uncheck the Play the Wait While I Transfer Your call Prompt option
-next, go to the original Call Handler, then go to Edit > Caller Input > select the digit under which the action for transfer
-under Caller Input for a digit select Action : Call Handler, select CH-Test-1 from the drop down list and select option Attempt Transfer

Thank you, Rob. I successfully tested the work around for "Wait while I transfer your call".

Do you know anything about the Cisco message, "Thank you for calling" and whether or not there is a solution/workaround for this as well?

Hi there,

First off, you are most welcome!

The message "Thank you....." is most likely coming from the Hunt Queue setup in CUCM and could be the "initial announcement". You can check the settings from the doc linked below to look at the "Announcement" settings within CUCM>

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200453-Configure-CUCM-Native-Call-Queuing-Featu.html

Cheers!

Rob

Sorry for delay on response - holiday weekend ;-)

Concerning "Thank you.."

My Initial Announcement setting was already on "-- Not Selected --". See attached screen shot. Any other ideas?

Hey Rob,

I had a problem with "thank you for calling..." in the system call handlers remove your message from recorded name and add it too the primary greeting.

kridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for helping me resolve the "Wait while I transfer your call". As far as "Thank you for calling", I will create a separate post in the forum. Maybe someone else will have a solution or at least an idea as to why I can't disable this announcement.

Regards