Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Unity Express in a CM Envirement

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will Install Unity Express in a CallManager Envirement. Im a newbie to Unity Express; so what should i consider bevore installing it? is there any tricks i should be aware of?

6 Replies 6

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

If you are deploying Unity Express at remote sites, then be advised that Unity Express does only G.711 codec. So you would need to provision a transcoder at the remote, if you are using G.729 over the WAN.

Regards,

Anup

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You will need to check first off, which versions of Callmanager are compatible with Unity express.

Depending upon the existing CUE version, you may or may not have to upgrade the software.

You will need to create CTI ports, CTI route points and a JTAPI username in Callmanager. If there is an existing IPCC integration, its advisable not to use the same jtapi username for Unity express. The jtapi username for CUE should be associated with CTI ports and CTI route points.

CUE has an initialization wizard that may be used to integrate with Callmanager (first time initialization). You will need to provide administrator username / pwd (web) and jtapi username /pwd to complete the integration. If using MLA on Callmanager you will need to use the local system administrator username and password (ControlPanel->Computer Management-> Local Users&computers)

Most CUE modules come with a 12 user mailbox license for CME. You may / may not have to upgrade the license count as well as the license version (There is one license available for CME integration and another one for Callmanager integration)

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Sankar

I have a situation where a remote site with Unity Express is integrated with CUCM at central site.  I have transcoder setup on the router hosting Unity Express but when a call forward to voicemail it keeps on getting fast busy.  Where do I actually tell the IP phone to use the transcoder. on the CTI Route point?  CTI Port?  Obviously the configuration is for IP Phone to call Unity Express using G729.  Do you have a sample configuration?

Thanks

Is the transcoder registered in CUCM and part of MRG?

Dat

You will need to configure the xcoder at your remote side router to make use of the g729 over the wan

you can create simple cme at the remote side and register the xcoder with it so the remote phones can use it

or if you register it with the CUCM, put the xcoder in MRG then MRGL then to DP which will be assigned to your remote phones, cue RP & cue ports