Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Tenant Cube Failover

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 cubes no HA in two seperate date centers. I would like to test the failover from the Cube1 in data center1 to cube2 in data center2.

I have 2 tenants configured in each cube. What is the easiest way to unregister both tenants in Cube1 and send the traffic to Cube2 in data center2?

I know I can use the NO cammand to delete the tenant but is this the only way to unregister a tenant to test the failover?

Thanks,

MK

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Depends on your setup.
If you have multiple interface (one for WAN to provider and one for LAN internal) you could shut the interfaces.
Or shut the dial-peers.
Or shutdown the SIP stack "voice service voip --> sip --> call service stop [forced]"
Or change the order of the SIP trunks in the Router Group in CUCM.

View solution in original post

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

In addition to the advice provided, you can also use static routes pointing to null0 if you want to stop calls going to a specific destination? I used this approach a couple of years ago when testing CUBE failover for a direct routing project I was involved in. Shut down the interfaces to the provider on one CUBE to force inbound calls to the secondary CUBE in the other DC and then used null0 entry route to the Microsoft 52.112.X.X and 52.120.X.X range to force outbound calls to target the secondary CUBE.

But there are lots of options, it just depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Put no in front of the command to negate it. I would follow the advice from @Scott Leport as that’s a better option for testing this without affecting other things.

Response Signature

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Depends on your setup.
If you have multiple interface (one for WAN to provider and one for LAN internal) you could shut the interfaces.
Or shut the dial-peers.
Or shutdown the SIP stack "voice service voip --> sip --> call service stop [forced]"
Or change the order of the SIP trunks in the Router Group in CUCM.

Hi,

Thank you for replying back.

I guess shuting down  the SIP stack "voice service voip --> sip --> call service stop [forced]" is the solution I would like to move forward with but how do I start the SIP stack? There's no start option for this command.

Thanks,

MK

Put no in front of the command to negate it. I would follow the advice from @Scott Leport as that’s a better option for testing this without affecting other things.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

In addition to the advice provided, you can also use static routes pointing to null0 if you want to stop calls going to a specific destination? I used this approach a couple of years ago when testing CUBE failover for a direct routing project I was involved in. Shut down the interfaces to the provider on one CUBE to force inbound calls to the secondary CUBE in the other DC and then used null0 entry route to the Microsoft 52.112.X.X and 52.120.X.X range to force outbound calls to target the secondary CUBE.

But there are lots of options, it just depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: