Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck in Md5 hash validation

lana1
Level 1
Level 1

!!Already raised question!!

After upgrade from 12.5 to 14 the postUpgradeCheck-00032.cop.sha512 file is not validated. Md5 not matching! Pls. any suggestion.

4 Replies 4

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try this

The MD5 hash validation feature is disabled by default. You can enable it by editing the global properties file:

vi /home/ec2-user/.sftpgateway/sftpgateway.properties

Copy
And change the last line from no to yes:

sftpgateway.md5check=yes

Copy
From your local machine (commands below are for Mac), run the following command:

md5 test.txt > test.txt.md5

Copy
The generated .md5 file looks something like this:

MD5 (test.txt) = dc2ad2ded1fa0f457035b198afc41da6

Copy
Note: The .md5 file contains the file path, so it's important that you run the md5 command from the current directory.

Next, upload the .md5 file:

sftp -i robtest.key robtest@<ip_address>:uploads <<< $'put test.txt.md5'

Copy
This .md5 file will remain in the uploads directory until the actual file is uploaded.

Now upload the actual file:

sftp -i robtest.key robtest@<ip_address>:uploads <<< $'put test.txt'

Copy
SFTP Gateway will run an MD5 hash validation. If it passes, the actual file gets uploaded to S3, and the .md5 file is discarded.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Sorry @RachelGomez161999 but what are you “talking” about? None of this that you suggested is valid on a CVOS system as it is a looked down version of RHEL or CentOS depending on system version.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As this was original posted 3 weeks ago, I am guessing the OP probably got a resolution. Upon reviewing the Upgrade & Migration guide and in the Upgrade Planning section, there is an instruction to install a cop file if your version of CUCM is older than 12.5(1) SU4. Can the OP confirm they did that? If not, can they and then try again?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/14_0_1/cucm_b_upgrade-and-migration-guide_14/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-1251su2_chapter_00.html

lana1
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the late reply, the issue has been resolved and it was a SFTP server issue.

Thanks to everyone for the contribution!