Views
Helpful
Replies

Super long delay in some outbound calls

HelpingKid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having a weird issue. Some of my outbound calls are getting super long delay and no issue with incoming calls. Like Yesterday i had 50 calls running and all of sudden 2 guys complain about long delay when they place an outbound call.

Call Flow

CUCM --> SIPtrunk --> CUBE --> Siptrunk --> Verizon (ISP)

I have attached logs files here and let me know what cause that super long delay.

Calling Number: 3134716751

Called number :918433047079

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Majed,

Interesting: So dial-peer 201 is the preferred dial-peer over 200, yet 200 was used first. Other than the preference, the significant difference between the two is the session target. Dial-peer 201 goes to dns:pce10001.xxxxxxxxxx.<domain>.com while dial-peer 200 goes to dns:pce10002.xxxxxxxxxx.<domain>.com

I think the problem is with the DNS query. In the first place, if the target of a session target in a dial-peer is not in the route table then the router will treat that dial-peer as shutdown. So the fact that it is not using dial-peer 201 first might be a DNS resolution issue, and the fact that it can’t signal out using the session target on dial-peer 200 at all might be a DNS resolution issue.

Suggestion: Try dns queries on your routers to the two targets to see what happens. Is there a lot of delay? Do they resolve at all?

Suggestion: Try changing both dial-peers to use IP addresses as the session targets temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. Or use a voice class server group for a dual-target dial-peer (and include the IPs). If calls work smoothly at that point, you know that DNS is the issue.

Maren

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Are you using Single RP ?

Did you checked if there is alternative match on CUCM for 3134716751

Response Signature

Yes, Single RP and no alternative match on CUCM.

Weird things is the call does come to CUBE and stay there for almost 2 mins with no next hop. Again, it happens randomly the same guy dial the number again and it works fine on 3rd attempt.

Not sure if that helps.

That sounds like you have dial peer matching issues in the CUBE.

It matches the right outbound dial-peer and still the call stays on the CUBE.

In your log file, you see the INVITE to 918433047079 enter the router (Line 2), the router selects incoming dial-peer 100 (Line 169) and dial-peer 200 as the outgoing dial-peer (Line 200). The TRYING message is sent back to 172.16.200.22 at timestamp 13:07:33.859 (Line 313). The next time we see 18433047079 referenced is the CUBE receiving a CANCEL from 172.16.200.22 at timestamp 13:10:33.504 (Line 99246) which is exactly 3 minutes later.

Later on you try the call again and it is successful. The inbound invite to 918433047079 (Line 277446), and again inbound dial-peer 100 is selected (Line 277613). But this time the outgoing dial-peer is 201 (Line 277644).

So the question is why the call is sometimes being routed out (unsuccessfully) vial dial-peer 200 and sometimes routed out (successfully) via dial-peer 201. Or, if the two dial-peers are load-balanced or are failovers, why the one is failing and the other is working. We'd have to see the CUBE config to figure this out.

Maren

I can send you my router config. Please email me at majed.khan@LCEcorp.com and i will send it over.

Majed,

Interesting: So dial-peer 201 is the preferred dial-peer over 200, yet 200 was used first. Other than the preference, the significant difference between the two is the session target. Dial-peer 201 goes to dns:pce10001.xxxxxxxxxx.<domain>.com while dial-peer 200 goes to dns:pce10002.xxxxxxxxxx.<domain>.com

I think the problem is with the DNS query. In the first place, if the target of a session target in a dial-peer is not in the route table then the router will treat that dial-peer as shutdown. So the fact that it is not using dial-peer 201 first might be a DNS resolution issue, and the fact that it can’t signal out using the session target on dial-peer 200 at all might be a DNS resolution issue.

Suggestion: Try dns queries on your routers to the two targets to see what happens. Is there a lot of delay? Do they resolve at all?

Suggestion: Try changing both dial-peers to use IP addresses as the session targets temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. Or use a voice class server group for a dual-target dial-peer (and include the IPs). If calls work smoothly at that point, you know that DNS is the issue.

Maren