Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG2xx Support in CUCM 12.5

Just a quick question that is not addressed in the Compatibility Matrix documentation for CUCM 12.5 or 14.0

Knowing that the VG2xx series is end of life, Can they still register to a CUCM running 12.5?  

Have a customer that is on 10.5 and is looking to upgrade to 12.5 but need to verify that while the hardware mat not be supported, these VG's can still register to CUCM.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is from my lab CUCM 14, and VG2XX  they are available .

NithinEluvathingal_0-1691024233947.png

Asper CSR compatibility  Cisco VG202XM Analog is recommended to be on 15.7(3)M7 when you are registering them on CUCM 14.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

NithinEluvathingal_1-1691024399523.png

The other VG2XX models which reached EOS will work but there could be issues with EOL devices post upgrade. Recently we changed an ATA 186 which was working on our CUCM 10.5 and post upgrade to 14 the fax started to fail intermittently. As other models are not in the CSR, i would suggest replacing the EOL devices.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This is from my lab CUCM 14, and VG2XX  they are available .

NithinEluvathingal_0-1691024233947.png

Asper CSR compatibility  Cisco VG202XM Analog is recommended to be on 15.7(3)M7 when you are registering them on CUCM 14.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

NithinEluvathingal_1-1691024399523.png

The other VG2XX models which reached EOS will work but there could be issues with EOL devices post upgrade. Recently we changed an ATA 186 which was working on our CUCM 10.5 and post upgrade to 14 the fax started to fail intermittently. As other models are not in the CSR, i would suggest replacing the EOL devices.

Response Signature

Nithin,  That is good.  Can you also check to see if a 2811 is still in the profile list?

If you use an older platform, make sure you get the most recent code you can on it. I have seen issues with MGCP between old IOS code and newer CUCM code. SIP or H.323 usually don't have those kind of issues. Not to be a nudge, but the 28XX platform is 10+ years past end of support. I would hope you are talking about a lab environment.