Views
Helpful
Replies

VG3x0 and VG450

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,
We have connected several VG450 and VG3x0 (IOS 159-3.M7) to a CUCM cluster V14 via SCCP. Initially, we had no caller ID display on the analogue phones. After adding the "caller-id enable" command to the voice ports, the phone numbers are displayed, but without the leading "+". The number arrives at the GW with a "+". Have I forgotten another command or does it simply not work?

According to the customer, the telephones support the "+". Are there debug commands to see if everything is sent to the phone?

Best regards

Jörg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AFAIK the analog frequency shift keying used to send ANI/CNAM data between the first and second ring does not support the plus character. ISDN also didn’t support it - nor does DTMF for that matter.

Does this customer have some supporting documentation that cites which ITU-T standard added plus character support to POTS caller ID? That would be news to me, although I’m in the USA where the plus character use is largely a new concept of VoIP platforms in the last 15 years. I know it’s been common elsewhere in the world far longer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AFAIK the analog frequency shift keying used to send ANI/CNAM data between the first and second ring does not support the plus character. ISDN also didn’t support it - nor does DTMF for that matter.

Does this customer have some supporting documentation that cites which ITU-T standard added plus character support to POTS caller ID? That would be news to me, although I’m in the USA where the plus character use is largely a new concept of VoIP platforms in the last 15 years. I know it’s been common elsewhere in the world far longer.

Hello Jonathan,

is there any way to "write" the caller-id command on all voice-port from call manager?

I've noticed that everytime I have to make a configuration on a single port, the caller-id command disappears from config on the VG.

I have CUCM 14.5, with VG450 with IOS XE 17.11.01a.

Thank you in advance.

No there is AFAIK not and FYI there is no version 14.5 of CM.

Response Signature

Ok, thank you.

BTW my version is 14.0.1.12900-161.

That’s SU2 of CM 14.0.

Response Signature