Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Modular Raid controller can not be detect by C240 M4

Grace Zhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! Experts:

I know there is a bug in CISCO Modular Raid controller Due to Corrupted SAS Expander Firmware.  The Raid controller can not be detected by the server.  Is there any instruction how to over come this for stand alone C240M4?

Thanks!

Grace

12 Replies 12

jchavesd
Level 1
Level 1

Grace,

what is the Firmware version of this Server?

Hi,

I'm also facing same issue. C240 M4 is not showing RAID in Storage Tab, but listed in Inventory with "Firmware N/A" (Snapshot attached). 

Any solution?

John

John,

Can you try to run the Host Upgrade Utility (HUU) against the server and use "upgrade all" and let us know if you still have the same issue...?  It wont matter if you use the HUU for the current running version.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286281356&flowid=71443&softwareid=283850974&release=2.0%286f%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks for update. I've just updated system using new HUU (6f). Still not working. Any other resolution?

John

is the Option ROM, enabled?

-Kenny

Yes, All enabled.

Only leave enabled:

"All PCIe Slots OptionROM" and the PCIe slot where you have the card.

OptionROM is only used to boot from that card in particular so you dont need to boot from all PCIe cards.

-Kenny

Did it. But still RAID is not showing. RAID is using dedicated slot.

You better open a TAC case for hardware troubleshooting.

-Kenny

when the raid controller is not detect by server, the HUU will not update the firmware for the Raid.  Did this raid card ever work before or this is a new replacement?  If it is new, then you could run into the bug I was talking about before.  It is not so easy to fix.  It is better let TAC fix it.  By the way, not all TAC know about this bug.  

RAID card was moved from one server to another. Not detecting after that. Don't know why?

leogxn
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same situation after a power outage last Friday. The RAID card cannot be detected from C240 M4 since then. I had no clue what's happened.c240-1.JPGc240-2.JPG

@John Sharma Was your issue resolved? Was it a firmware bug or hardware issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card