cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9951 with wrong time

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

OK I'm lost here, got a spanky new 9951 setup with the UC5x0 and it's time is an hour off. I check the other phones, they are fine, I check the UC and it is fine (using NTP) but the 9951 won't get the right time. I've done a full factory reset on it but same deal.

What gives?

Thanks,

Bob James                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing on my UC540W.  To fix the issue you are seeing please do the following:

Once you have verified that the clocks are synced across the UC you will need to go under the voice register global and add your local timezone.  Then you will delete and recreate the phones xml profile.  It should look similar to this

UC540W(config)#voice register global

! 13 is my local timezone.  Hit ? to find yours

UC540W(config-register-global)#timezone 13

UC540W(config-register-global)#no create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#

Once these commands have been entered reboot the SIP phone.  Once it comes up you should see the correct time listed.  If you have any further issues please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

I’m sorry to hear that it’s still not working for you.  Have you tried to open up the phones XML file and see what time zone is listed?  You can look at the SEP files using the “more” command in IOS or just tftp them off the flash to use a program like notepad++.  If the time zone is correct in the SEP file then you may want to open up a support case for further investigation of the issue.  If you would like further assistance with this please give us a call at 1 866 606 1866 to open a support case.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi Bob,

Did you check the timezone under "voice register global"? Are the other phones SIP phones?

Best regards,

Alex

EDIT: also check for the "DST" (daylight saving time) if it has been correctly set under voice register global

Good thought,

I wasn't in there but I assumed it would have got it from NTP. I added the command and bounced the phone but no luck.....

Not sure where to take this now

Hello Bob,

You may try the NTP setting under "voice register global"  - ntp-server command.

HTH,

Alex

Same deal - No luck either.

Added it and rebooted the phone, still an hour behind. I've checked every time setting and they are all correct. Must be something to do with the load that we can't override.

I thought I saw somethign about local in the 8.6 code......I'll see if I can did that up.

Bob James

Hello Bob,

Under "voice register global" did you try - "no create profile" and then "create profile" and then reload the phone?

Best regards,

Alex

Yes,

Same deal....

This 9951 must be haunted. I'm going to try to setup another one today and see if it has the same problem.

Bob James

Ok setup another 9951 and same deal, it is an hour behind.

I am guessing this is a bug as any of the NTP/Time settings are not taking affect on the phone.

I guess I have no choice but to open a ticket on it.

Thanks,

Bob James

Hi Bob,

Did you find the source of the time for the 9951. 

I have the same issue with a 9951. It's 8 hours out of sync with the other handsets and I can't find the source of the time.

FYI the other handsets are sccp.

Regards

David

No joy, I checked everywhere, factory reset the phones everything - nothing worked. Mine are only off  1 hour

I can't believe even Cisco can't figure out their own stuff

Bob James

Hello Bob,

What time zone you have set on the phone? Also, what is the load on the phone? Is it showing an hour ahead or an hour lagging?

Regards,

Nagaraja

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the UC520 in the CME section I would verify that the “ntp master” command is in the configuration.  Then go to CUE and make sure that the “ntp server 10.1.10.2 prefer” command is entered.  After CUE syncs with CME the issue should be resolved.  Let me know if you are still having issues after verifying these changes.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

On the UC520 in the CME section I would verify that the “ntp master” command is in the configuration.  Then go to CUE and make sure that the “ntp server 10.1.10.2 prefer” command is entered.  After CUE syncs with CME the issue should be resolved.  Let me know if you are still having issues after verifying these changes.

Sorry, I don 't see how the CUE time synchonization has anythinhjg to do with time displayed on phones.

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing on my UC540W.  To fix the issue you are seeing please do the following:

Once you have verified that the clocks are synced across the UC you will need to go under the voice register global and add your local timezone.  Then you will delete and recreate the phones xml profile.  It should look similar to this

UC540W(config)#voice register global

! 13 is my local timezone.  Hit ? to find yours

UC540W(config-register-global)#timezone 13

UC540W(config-register-global)#no create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#create profile

UC540W(config-register-global)#

Once these commands have been entered reboot the SIP phone.  Once it comes up you should see the correct time listed.  If you have any further issues please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Thanks but I already tried this with no success.

NTP is sync'd, timezone is defined as well as ntp server and DST settings, nothing under voice register global seems to change time time on the 99x1 phones.

Bob James