Helpful
Replies

Announcing the UC320W 2.3 Release Candidate firmware

UPDATE: 

General availability release announcement can be found here: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173943

------------

WHAT:

Today  we are announcing the release of the Cisco UC320W 2.3.1 Release Candidate firmware feature release. Release Candidate quality means that is has gone through Cisco’s internal testing, but there might be a few new issues that surface in real world deployments.  Partners are encouraged to test the firmware in their labs before deploying on their customers systems.  Installation instructions, features and bug fixes are described in the 2.3.1 release notes below.

NOTE: The open source tar file will not be available upon request because this is an RC release.  Proceed with the installation of this firmware only if you agree with these terms and conditions.

WHEN:

The 2.3.1 firmware version is available via the Cloud now by using the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).   This firmware will not be posted on CCO.  A General Availability release will be made available at a later date.

HOW:

Installation:

1. Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the PMF file.
  2. Download the PMF and save to your PC.
  3. Unzip the PMF file.
  4. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
  5. Click on the Status option at the top.
  6. Click on Devices submenu.
  7. Click on Alter PMFs button.
  8. Click Add PMF from your PC button, select the unzipped file and install.
  9. Click Done to close the dialog.

NOTE:  If  you are on a release version lower than 2.1.2, please see this  discussion for more information and a workaround for the Adobe Flash  Player version 11 compatibility issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112911

Release Notes can be found here:  >>> LINK <<<

Any problems found on the Release Candidate firmware should be reported  immediately to the Cisco Small Business Customer Support Center.  When calling the SBCS please indicate that you  are a Release Candidate participant and specify the firmware version  found on the UC320W Configuration Utility login or About screen as well as your Region.

28 Replies 28

Thanks Nitin,

I missed your post earlier.  Your candid response is much appreciated.  Given that it's now just under evaluation, does that mean that it's no longer on the roadmap?  Also, any news on wifi phones, ie will that feature happen or is it also just under evaluation?

We are still using the Uc320 for the moment but will now replace it and pop it in a cupboard so to speak in case we can use it in the future at another site if the additional functionality is brought into place.

Regards,

Paul.

Since when is the teleworker feature "under evaluation"?

It has always been advertised as being "on the roadmap" before...

Hi Daniel;

Let me explain some of the jargon, teleworker feature has been on the roadmap since day one, although not committed (which is the same as under evaluation).

There is currently no target date for implementing teleworker, so would not like to create false expectation on its availability. That's reason why we are recommending to upgrade to the UC500 if teleworker is a required feature.

Regards;
Alberto

Hello Paul,

I too was waiting for the remote worker release, I have a thought would using an SPA525 and using it's VPN ability back to the UC320 could theoretically work as a remote exension work around, I haven't tried it but think it may be an answer to the unwillingness of Cisco to allow this solution,

Regards

Hamish

Morning Hamish

I'm not sure how successful this would be.  I'm looking for a relatively small system for a branch office so the UC320 looked great.  Without the remote worker facility though it's not plausible for this situation.  Please let me know if you're successful.  I'm just looking at an LG system which has been recommended - which appears to do the job but I'm waiting for pricing information.

Regards,

Paul.

Daniel Griego
Level 1
Level 1

Tested out the 2.3.1 (14) RC on a uc320w with Spa525g2 phones today. Found an annoying issue with Bluetooth and the iPhone 4s. During a call when using the SPA525G2 phone as a Bluetooth accessory, if somebody pages/intercoms my extension, my iPhone conversation drops into hold and I am immediately connected to the person who pages/Intercom'd me. The person in the other end of the cellular call doesn't hear any hold music as they do when I intentionally put them on hold. They just kind of go into outer space Guess I should report it. I'm new to the forums.

Drgrieg

Drgrieg,

Thank you for your feedback.  I will ask the team how the Blue tooth call is handled when a page is received.

There is a phone option "Auto Ans Page on Active Call" and the default value is No.  The issue is how to handle the Page during a BT call (the call is actually remains on the cell phone).   Let me check with the team and I'll update the thread.

Thanks,

Randy

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

With this new release, has anyone noticed any improvement with these issues...

-Line hissing (white noise)

-Poor speakerphone volume

Phones used are mostly SPA 504's & 508's

We are utilizing 3 FXO lines from a Comcast voice modem.

Thanks,

JD

iamtelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for Dialable (generic) Intercom.  I did search the forums and find the *96 work-around, but honestly didn't find that until I searched for "generic intercom" after seeing the label in yesterdays update.  Nonetheless, it's a basic feature that's good to see in this platform.  I've always been a bit perplexed by its absence.

Update on the iPhone bluetooth call when a page is received on SPA525G(2).

The page is auto answered and the bluetooth call is placed on hold automatically (and far end of iPhone call hears silence).

Once the page call is completed then the iPhone call can be resumed on the SPA525G(2).

Regards,

Randy

edtsai
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone has encountered this issue so I'm not alone.

I have loaded 2.3.1(14) and I was configuring it to use the day/night feature for different call routing during different times of the day.  I setup the schedule and it seems to turn to night mode just fine, but when it is day, the system does not revert back to day mode.  Also, the force night function toggle does not bring it back to day mode as well.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?

Also, I have some feature requests:

- Separate schedules for Call Routing, AutoAttendant, and Call Forwarding would be nice

- Under Call forwarding - having the ability to put in different values for the time to forward (i.e. 20 secs) for day/night would be nice (currently there is only 1 value that applieds to both)

Thank you.

Ed Tsai

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your feedback on the different schedules for

Call Routing, AutoAttendant, and Call Forwarding.

Can you please check the Status -> Devices -> and check the system time and the status of the Night Time Ring Mode when the system should transition from night to day mode.  Possibly the Time Zone offset is incorrect.

If needed I can look at your configuration to help isolate the issue.

Randy

Randy,

Thank you for getting back to me - much appreciated.

This is why I think it's a bug. Time is set correctly as well as the time zone, but the system still won't transition from night to day. Perhaps you can duplicate my scenario in your enviornment -I have a unique customer requirement for this feature which may be triggering this issue (but nevertheless I still feel it's a bug becuase it's not behaving as expected) The customer needs to be 'day' 24x7 except for Thursdays between 8:30am-4:30pm where this is 'night'. In order to test this configuration functionality I set the current day (in this case it was Saturday 9/16) to be 'night'. What I found that it did indeed set the mode to 'night' - however when I reverted back to the desired schedule (turned Saturday back to 'day' the night mode wouldn't switch back, even though I set back Saturday to be 'day'. If I disabled night/day mode it would go back to day, but when I put it back to the day/nigh schedule (with the desired schedule) - it would go back to 'night' mode incorrectly as Saturday was scheduled as 'day'. I then enabled the force night button on one of the phones which (correct me if I'm wrong) should allow me to toggle the modes. In corresponding with the mode, the phone button indicated amber, but when I pressed it it would turn green, but the Status -> Devices would still show that 'night' mode was still on. I also confirmed that it wasn't an error in display, when it was in 'night' mode it would behave as such with the corresponding call routing rules in place.

I hope this makes sense - I would welcome you to take a look at the system but I need to arrange this with my customer.

Regards,
Ed Tsai

primamedica
Level 1
Level 1

WAN type connection PPTP DHCP and L2TP DHCP does not work correctly.

UC320W is connecting to the server, recieving settings via DHCP(IP, MASK, GW) and then TX WAN is freezing. After XX seconds timeout it is disconnecting and then all of this is repeating again and again.  When the connection is established, there is no traffic going out through WAN port.

VPN Server properties: IPv4, No Secure, CHAP

Log attached.

PLEASE FIX IT!