Views
Helpful
Replies

"Follow me" feature operation

CARLOS RANGEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any ideas where and how to setup Follow Me feature, where an outside number is a target for an external/internal incoming call?

Best,

Carlos

12 Replies 12

Hi Carlos,

The only thing I can offer is to set up a call forward no answer to an external number.  If you are feeling really adventurous there might be something you could do with using Google Voice (voice.google.com) but I suspect what you are after is a feature called Single Number Reach which is available on the UC500 series.

Chris

That is correct, I am after this feature Single Number reach, and for some reason I thoguht I heard during a product presentation, that it was included in the UC320 platform.

Thank you very much!

Cheers

Hi Chris,

I have a question on how to setup the UC320 to identify calls that are coming from particular Hunt Groups (Sales, Services, Support, etc.), to our extension members of the group, calls are ringing, but not able to tell the specific group name to answer accordingly.

Also, how to setup that voicemail messages left on this group mailboxes, can be moved or transfer to an extension user, so message light notification will light up for new messages on these particular groups.

Please help!

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Regarding how to know how the call is coming into a particular user from a hunt group.  We'll see if we can an attribute to the caller ID display for IP phones as a future feature.

There is currently no mailbox message auto forwarding or transfer capabilities.  The good news is there is a button that can be provisioned on on the phone to monitor a (hunt) group voicemail box.  Additionally, the voicemail to e-mail feature can be used to send an e-mail to a group of email addresses such as members of a huntgroup.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris,

It will be great to have that capability to ID incoming calls from Hunt Groups, anyway around using shared extension buttons, etc.?

For the mailbox issue, the con is the need of utilize one button per group, a little waste of keys, but emal notification will do it.

Also, I guess silly question but didn't find an easy way around, to update UC320 time, what is the easiest way, can it be done through the phone? and if form the web tool where exactly?

Thank you in advance for your great assistance.

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

We needed a way to indicate which mailbox had a message waiting.  It would be fustrating to the end use if they had a MWI lit that was shared over multiple mailboxes and they wouldn't know which mailbox has the message.  Since huntgroups do not have a line appearance on the phone because they ring the primary extension, we had to go the route of adding a group voicemail monitor button per mailbox.  Addittional buttons for this sort of thing can be handled by a SPA500S sidecar.

Time is set automatically over the WAN connection via NTP.  The UC320W will synchronize the time of day clock with a preconfigured Cisco NTP pool.

Chris

Chris,

The way I've seen this feature works, when sharing one user mailbox for multiple messages coming to different groups, the group mailboxes at initial setup can be ID by any owners name (Support, Customer Service, etc) so when the user plays the messages, the voice mail will prompt where is the message coming from, by playing the owners name recording. This is pretty handy, again, like you said in this case the sidecar could do the job.

As far as time chage, no way to have the option over the phone, right?

Thx

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

The way we have implemented group mailboxes is they are just that group mailboxes that can be easily accessed by anyone in the group.  If we have different groups within an office we wanted separation of messages.  An accounting person is probably not interested in customer support messages.  The UC320W is flexible that if you wanted to use a common mailbox for messages you can, but the greeting should be generic and may have to request the depositor to indicate which department/person they are trying to reach.

Correct, there is no way from the phones to set the time.  Phone configuation, aside from a few user settings (ringtones etc) is controlled by the UC320W configuration utility.

Chris

Carlos,

If you need to identify which calls are coming to "Hunt Groups" and which calls to your personl Extesion, I recommend that you have a personal extension and then an additional extension. Put the additional extension in the Hunt Group. This way if a call comes to your personal extension, you know its a personal call and if it comes to the second extension then it is a "Customer Call". You could also assing different ring tones to each.

Hi Navin,

Certainly it is a good way around, mostly if the scenario is one user belonging to one group only, but if the user, asnwers multiple groups, what could be the solution?

Carlos

One Additional Extension for Each group :-).

Carlos,
Thanks for your feedback on enhancing Hunt Group identification.   Your feedback has been captured and added to product enhancement list for the UC320W.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: