cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W FXO Caller ID Issue

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

I just opened a support case for this, maybe someone from Cisco can shed some more light.

Setup: UC320W, FXO ports connected to analog outputs from the service provider CPE, an Adtran Total Access 908E.

Incoming calls on the FXO lines ring to the IP Phones, but caller ID just gives me 'FXO1'.

Called support (Case  617822605), and he just gave me Bug ID CSCtl51989, and said that it is a known bug and will be fixed in the future, but there is no ETA. He did give me the targeted release, 2.0.8_15.

I would appreciate if anyone can confirm this info is correct, and provide any kind of ETA I can pass along to my customers.

Thanks,

Craig

9 Replies 9

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Craig,

I am currently running the LAB UC-320W on the .15 train as a beta tester.

However, I just released it to one of our techies so they can review and play with the system for 7 days

I have been advised though that they have not hit this issue yet (Although we didnt see it on the previous version either), and they are testing this system at the moment only with FXO lines and no SIP trunks.

I believe the next firmware should be out real soon, I do not have any official date but it is not far off and it is in its final release candidate version (I think).

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

blaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

The CallerID does not work for a small number of FXO providers. Do you have a copy of the new image? Have you tried 2.0.8(15) on your system?

Bassanio

No, I do not have the new software.

I've sent instructions to download and install.

Chris

So there is reference to 2.0.8 (15) but the latest release is shown as 2.0.6 (10) for the UC320W.

The problem we see is that the delay in showing the Caller ID - which of course can't happen until after the 2nd ring.

It appears that the UC320W starts ringing internal users on the first ring - which is fine.
(Used to seeing a gateway answering the call before it even begins to notify internal users.)
So - that is fine but the brief period (essentially one ring) where it shows "fxn" is annoying.
So that combined with the fact that the label for the line (Line 1, Mainline, Sales,etc) doesn't show makes all of this seem more important.

If if displayed the actual line label - then caller ID I think it would be less annoying.

As if everyone is an engineer and fxn means something to the average user.

Kind of like - what 1 and 0 mean on an appliance - instead of  ON and OFF.

Hi,

2.0.6(10) is still the latest general deploymnet image. 2.0.8(15) is the release candidate image for the next mainteance release. But this release is very stable and suitable for evaluation or even early deployment with friendly customers. The final release should be out by early June.

Regards,

Bassanio

OK, that makes sense.

We would consider ourselves friendly to such a build.

That is we use the system ourselves and so open to doing it here before we deploy to a client.

So if we can have a link we will be glad to give it a go.

Bob

712-274-8838

Updated to the release candidate, FXO caller ID issues still exist.

Craig,

Thanks for the update to the community with the current status.

I'm sorry to hear the issues was not resolved in the 2.0.8(15) firmware release.

I'll review the support case (617822605) you have open and I'd like to reach out to you for any required debug data  needed for a timely resolution.

Thanks,

Randy