Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in resolving primary IP

RAJACAN
Level 1
Level 1

Screenshot_20230410-154327.png

I have a 145AC access point and 3 142ACMs. Above message appears when Cisco Business Wireless App launches. I'm guessing this is caused by the recent change of Bell Giga Modem. 145AC is connected to a Trendnet TPE-TG160g POE switch.

4 Replies 4

Hi

This seems to be DNS problem. If you see the message.com the AP then make sure you have dns on it. Or you can add an static entrry like 'ip host cisco.business.com' and IP. 

But if this message shows up in your Phone, then, you need to have Internet while run the App

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

never seen this message before - as i look this message its not resolving the DNS.

I do not see full domain, which generally end with cisco.com

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

Resolving ciscobusiness.cisco only works if the CBW access point gets a chance to intercept DNS requests. Is the device running the CBW app actually connected to the CBW Wi-Fi? It won't work if the devce is connected to the Bell Giga Wi-Fi. Also, are you using any type of secure DNS (DoT / DoH)? This won't work either.

RAJACAN
Level 1
Level 1

Connecting to the same network resolved the error however I was still unable to view the network so I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, reset all the devices to factory default and started again. All now working perfectly.

Thank you all for responding.