Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP3802P-E-K9 suddenly unregisters from the controller

ugwuugochukwuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a cisco AIR-AP3802P-E-K9 AP at one of my client's offices, the AP sometimes unregisters from the controller although when I check the switch I see the AP still has an IP address but it no longer appears on the controller.

I have tried to shut nd unshut the port but if it registers, after a while it gets deregistered again.

Kindly assist.

Thanks in anticipation!!!

4 Replies 4

The AP register to the WLC through a capwap tunnel which is build over an IP connection, so, physical problem can´t explain everything.

You can test the AP to WLC recheability with ping but probably you will not see the problem either. If you have some kind of monitoring tool, something that look at latency, drops,etc for a long period, you may see the problem.

One action you can take is change the AP tunnel sensibility by increase the valeu of " AP Retransmit Config Parameters"

on WIRELESS> Global Configuration.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the controller logs when that happens, preferably have the controller use a syslog server too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AP3802P?   Indoor office use?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card