cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1702i-E-K9

riyas2khan
Level 1
Level 1

I have more than  5 "AIR-CAP1702i-E-K9" devices. all pre used now all  of them are factory reset.

should i have to configure one by one or is there any way to configure on one go ?  
how to make the users inside the same network auto athenticate to the AP automaticaly without prompting for any passkey. 

16 Replies 16

Just because it works with other Cisco devices does not mean it's the right cable.
Cisco APs are special - they only work with certain cables so if you don't have a cable that is known to work with another Cisco AP then do not assume it is suitable.  I've thrown away three different cables that worked with Cisco routers but not APs.  The one I linked to is known to work and there are others.  Generally FTDI chipset and correct driver is a good starting point but beware of some cables using fake FTDI chipsets which won't work.  So I'm sure this is a cable problem (if you have tried all possible baud rates as @marce1000 suggested, although you claimed to have factory reset them so they should all be 9600).

Thank you all so much for all your support, i checked again with the brand new cable. communication to  AP is established. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card