Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a situation where I have inherited some old HP wireless access points (no change to Cisco coming anytime soon) and I need a way to force users to a landing page where they can input a common password  before gaining acc...

Hello,I 've got a problem on an AP1142N. It joins correctly its controller (5508 WLC) but one of his radio (Dot11Radio1) won't go up : #show cdp interfaceDot11Radio1 is reset, line protocol is down  Encapsulation ARPA  Sending CDP packets every 60 se...

HI,I currently have a wireless mesh network that at all access points have an ethernet cable connecting to specific remote points (Kind of had to McGyver this setup). I am actually looking to see if it is possible, to use multiple SSID's, one for use...

Hi Folks, We have a pair of WiSM modules in our Core switches and a pair of 5508's in our DMZ.  We can successfully tunnel clients to the Anchor controllers in the DMZ when there's no AAA specified, however, when I add AAA servers for Authentication ...

Dave Row by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Wireless is working ok on 1811W.Need to know from command output below what values are considered  good for power and signal strenghts1811w#sh dot11 associations all-clientAddress           : 40fc.894e.c48c     Name             : NONEIP Addres...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

G'day guys,Just uploaded a map and placed AP's in it but put the wrong info for floor height as 7m instead of 4m. I tried to edit the floor area and changed it but apparently the heatmap still shows 7m even after i did a refresh from network. Is it p...

Srin_G by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,In need of some help with two of these devices.We would like to use these as two basic access points, is this possible?I am unable to assign an IP address as i cannot use the configure terminal command as it does not exist?Do i need to use a w...

I have a Cisco AIR-WLC2006-K9 in my Cisco lab where I work on my Cisco skills, I recently had the need to update the software on my WLAN controller but his is according to the website only available with a service contract. On trying to get a service...

gstaats by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,I want to connect with wireless devices two buildings, one in front of another.Short distance (about 20 meters) and no obstacles.I have a couple of aironet 1242 and i was wondering if it would be possible to setup this li...

uosambela by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card