cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Ask Me Anything Event   Welcome to the Cisco Community Ask Me Anything conversation. Submit your questions from  Monday, October 14, 2024 through Friday, October 28, 2024. Our colleagues Saikat Nandy, Parithosh Vema and Naveen Kumar will be waiting ...

sanandy.jpg pvema.png nkumarm.jpg

I'm trying to built a Wireless LAN using Aironet AP 350 series. I'd like to use EAP-TLS with dynamic WEP key using x.509 certificates on the clients and a ACS 3.1 with RADIUS.The clients that have WIN-XP work fine. My clients with WIN2K pro SP3 an...

luponec by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer that is using br350s to connect to 2 remote sites. We recently installed br1400s in conjunction with these. Their requirement was to pass data and management traffic across the 350 and voice and video across the 1400. I accomplis...

Hello,We have configured our AP1100 with several VLANs. VLAN1 is native and VLAN2 is our management VLAN which we use on all our Cisco devices. On our switches we assign this VLAN an IP address for management purposes. How does this work on the AP? W...

While doing some 802.1x testings. We noticed that when there is a failure in the authentication process (example server certificate expired), the AP1100 doesn't seem to provide the correct rejection information to the client supplicant, causing the s...

our university is planning to install a wireless university-wide network. the campus is spread over a large geographical area. some colleges are 5 to 8 miles apart. can someone please give me an overview of what wireless equipment i need to conne...

kzibari by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i am trying to network my centrino notebook thro a smc wireless router.there are 4 pcs connected by cat5 to the 4 lan ports of the smc router.initially at the notebook i added the lan,firewire and wireless interfaces to the bridge,assigned a static i...

shaibal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The configuration documentation shows how to add the native vlan. Is there a document for adding the native vlan and another vlan?bridge# configure terminalbridge(config)# interface dot11radio0.1bridge(config-subif)# encapsulation dot1q 1 nativebrid...

I currently have 3 or 4 1200 APs showing a mac address of 00:00:00:00:00:00 ...log states a possible rogue. There is no data packets transfering. The AP states it is unauthenticated. Firmware is VXWorks 12.04.I have used Airmagnet to see if I could d...

With IEEE 802.1X, does Layer 2 roaming need reauthentication ?With 6500 Wireless Solution Module, does Layer 2 roaming need reauthentication ?

jhcc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have an Aironet 1200 Access Point at our office. I have experienced a lot of problems installing adapters on laptops. After installing the software and configuring the SSID and WEP, the adapter will show that it's associated; the Access Point also...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The 802.11 standard specifies use of PS-Poll frames for use in Power Save mode. The Cisco 802.11b and 802.11a cards operate exactly according to the standard, which is good. Once they enter Power Save mode, they stay in Power Save mode, but look at...

ccie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are about to deploy a 'guest' ssid. The scenario we are struggling with is when a employee connectes to the LAN and the laptop automatically connects to the 'guest' WLAN (dual homed PC with default gateway on LAN). We are trying to figure out how ...

rcreamer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a wireless network with AP 1200 and Clients computers with 350 Series PCMCI Wireless LAN Adaptors and everything is working fine, now I have added a new building with CISCO AP 1300 with the same SSID and the same WEP some laptops wiht another ...

sanchez.l by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. Does anyone know the the meaning of the following error message on Funk Radius server: EAP-PEAP authentication failed - client issued alert 'client closed the session before handshake was completed' We use PEAP to authenticate Windows XP clien...

felix by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card