cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9136I-ROW 6Ghz, 5Ghz admin status UP, Operational status down

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

I have few APs joined the C9800-40-K9 WLC. The WLC is running on firmware version 17.9.3.

The Power for APs is full and regulatory domain is set as GB for UK. I tried assigning the country code manually and reset the AP.

But the operational status doesnot come up. I am getting the attacehd message. Can someone throw some light here. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Did the AP rejoin the controller after setting the country code ? 

I would recommend setting the country code in the AP join profile instead of manually on each AP. This can be done via GUI : Configuration > Tags & Profiles > AP join . Edit the profile attached to the APs and set the country code

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Did the AP rejoin the controller after setting the country code ? 

I would recommend setting the country code in the AP join profile instead of manually on each AP. This can be done via GUI : Configuration > Tags & Profiles > AP join . Edit the profile attached to the APs and set the country code

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is because the controller is set for UK but the AP has the -ROW Regulatory Domain.  For the UK, the AP should have -E Regulatory Domain. 

Configure, for instance, Dominican Republic into the controller and set the AP for that country.

But the official Cisco website compliance check is showing the regulatory domain as -ROW.

Mubasshir_0-1698326568810.png

What firmware is the WLC on?

If the WLC is on 17.9.3, upgrade to 17.9.4/17.9.4a.

pravesh999
Level 1
Level 1

does configure the AP C9136I-ROW without a controller, same AP are quantity is 4.?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card