Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 and DNA Decisions!

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I need to configure an SSID which will be anchored to a foreign controller. The foreign controller is NOT on DNA Center. The C9800 is managed by DNAC however it seems the configuration to do this all on DNAC is post the software I am on and is not recommended software so i'm reluctant to upgrade.

Is it acceptable to configure manually an SSID on the C9800 outside of DNAC for now? I only wonder if DNAC would overwrite it as we have it provisioned for all our wireless ssids - some of them fabric for SDA. Or is it possible to configure on DNAC 2.3.3.7 with an external foreign controller and I miss it of course.

Thank you

Jonny

3 Replies 3

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Just based on my experience. Its not possible to specify a Anchor that are not a device in DNAC. So i guess this should be added with a template.  Also make sure that the auto generated WLAN Profile and Policy Profile matches on the Anhcor WLC. 

In DNAC 2.3.5.4 its possible to specify WLAN and Policy Profile name. But not the WLAN ID yet  

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FABRIC  Wireless or OTT  deployment - WLC can be Managed by DNAC, But all the configuration not possible there are some Limitations (interms of WLC config) - some need to configure manually (was told that in the Future version it will be fixed)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It is OTT for this SSID the others are fabric. When you say configure manually do you mean a template in DNAC? Thx

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card