Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2802i - Blue, Red and green flashing LEDs

ejdrijin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco AP 2802i and I have installed the Mobility Express however the AP LED's is still flashing (Blue, Red and green). I was reading and found out that these flashes mean that the AP is attempting to discover a WLC.

I was under the impression that the AP will become the WLC once Mobilty Express is installed. Because of this also the SSID is not broadcasting.

Can some one guide me and tell me what could be the issue?

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

Yah, thats probably a good idea :). Ty for the correct table!

This is how AP 2802/3802 signal if power it is not OK after boot and ME it is available, video:

Easy to check from terminal also:

enter command: show logg and search for:

LLDP PoE negotiation START
LLDP PoE negotiation FAILED !!
Power mode: Degraded/Reduced Power, power_detection: DC_adapter(FALSE), 802.3AF_POE(TRUE)
AP is in critical condition
... after some time radio will be disabled...
AP is in critical condition
Bringing down radio wifi0
Stopped Radio 0
Bringing down radio wifi1
Stopped Radio 1
Slot 0 radio down
Slot 1 radio down

p.s.

It look like it is an bug in ME interface and AP it is displayed with radio operational and Power status Power injector / Full Power, even if LED signal, so better to check from terminal also to be sure.

@Aina William have you been copy/pasting chatgpt (or other AI chatbot) answers into questions you actually don't understand anything about?  I see you've posted a bunch of other similar type of answers on other threads.  This type of content is neither helpful nor welcome in these communities.  If you have experience or knowledge that can help with the original question, or you have specifically checked the correct answer yourself in the documentation then you're welcome to share it with the community.  Pasting in the wrong answer about something you don't know anything about yourself doesn't help anybody and is just going to confuse.

The LED sequences on different AP models are different so you cannot just quote a generic answer.   @Denniz had already provided the correct answer so why would you follow that with a wrong answer?

robert.rase
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure how Aina got the impression that he or she is the moderator here, any answer or comment is appreciated, up to the participants to figure out what is helpful and what is not, thanks guys.

Aina did not, but Aina did post similar answers on numerous different threads within a small space of time, right after joining.  The regulars here have seen this behaviour before many times, and discussed amongst the community VIPs and moderators, and I will continue to call them out where I see them.  There's nothing wrong with sharing answers that you might have been able to get to with the help of searches and documentation, preferably by sharing the reference documentation links.  But copy/pasting an answer you got by pasting the original question into a chatbot, without any knowledge of the topic yourself, defeats the purpose of these communities, especially when the answers are wrong, as I can assure you they very often are.  The chatbots still haven't mastered the art of understanding the finer nuances of different models and brands of AP for example (we've seen answers for other vendors products being provided before).  No doubt the technology will get there eventually but it isn't there yet.  At that point Cisco will have the bots answering everything in the communities.  They already have a limited deployment on some communities only, where the bot will try to answer questions which have gone unanswered for some weeks. An initial attempt to use it more widely proved very unpopular because so many wrong and misleading answers were provided.  The bots are inherently limited by their access to copyrighted material so any product will need access to all the documentation as a minimum, for training, but also to the wider knowledge base of experience which is not in the documentation and some of it simply isn't documented anywhere.  That's where the hands-on experience of community members can make the real difference.  Moreover, what we often see is that these posts are not even actually intended to be helpful, just to look like they are real answers.  Then the user comes back a day or 2 later to edit and add SPAM links to all the posts.  So genuine and well intentioned answers are always welcome, fake answers are not.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card