Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 WLC and 1602i AP compatibility

I am attempting to register an AIR-CAP1602I-A-K9 with C1600 Software (AP1G2-K9W8-M), Version 15.3(3)JF14 to a 5508 WLC running 8.5.140.0. The AP is getting the option 43 of the WLC correctly and is seeing it. However, when it attempt to register I get the following error and the AP gets stuck in a boot loop:

"%SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by CAPWAP CLIENT. Reload Reason: Required image in primary but not active."

Is there a compatibility issue with the AP firmware and the WLC firmware? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check compatibility here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Unfortunately that link only takes you to the 9800 controller. 

>...Unfortunately that link only takes you to the 9800 controller. 
                         - Not true , check carefully , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Adding , checkout  this solutionhttps://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/ap-s-not-joining-wlc-and-rebooting/m-p/3313303#M476

M.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1600 is compatible with the 5502.

Factory reset the AP, attach a console cable and post the entire boot-up process.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Not a compatibility issue but the software is out of date and affected by a number of bugs.
Read the field notices linked below - particularly FN63942 and FN72524 - then update the WLC to 8.5.182.11 (download link below) and then have another try at joining the AP.

It could still be affected by the WLC or AP cert expiry in which case you'll have to configure the WLC to ignore the expired certs as per FN63942:

1. Enter the config ap cert-expiry-ignore {mic|ssc} enable command.
  2. If any of the APs that cannot join have not downloaded the fixed software:
    1. Disable NTP.
    2. Set the clock back to a time before the WLC certificate expired (might keep newer APs from joining).
    3. Have all APs join the WLC, download new software, and rejoin.
    4. Set the clock to the correct time and re-enable NTP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card