cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business 145AC Access Point

at@ps
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding to the Pass-through Rj45 port, as I've read it acts as another wall jack that works even if the AP goes down.

My Question:

Is the Pass-Through port -on this AP model- transmit power to the connected device or not? 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/kmgmt-2321-AC145-passtrhough-port.html ,   works if the AP goes down  (indeed) but can not provide POE , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

It depends what you mean by transmit power - it does not supply any power but as it's just a cable connecting the back and bottom ports it will transfer any supplied POE between the 2 ports.  In fact that's the example they give in scenario 2.  Think of it as simply an extension cable - whatever comes in one side goes out the other side but it has no connection to the AP itself.  So if both back ports are connected to POE switch ports then you can plug a POE device into the bottom port and get power from the switch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card