Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have Cisco Air1832 AP below are the image

AP Running Image: 8.5.140.0
Primary Boot Image: 8.5.140.0
Backup Boot Image : 0.0.0.0

I have created a WLC image is AIR-AP1830-K9-8-10-151-0 

After that, I have able to access GUI and AP also configured.. But the client do some changes after that unable to access or ping this IP I have config another Ip and the save management IP is showing under cisco controller > but unable to access or PIng this IP .. assign System IP in 192.168.0.X/24 scope.

WLC ip is 192.168.0.254/24 Gateway 192.168.01

I have reset the cisco controller>reset the system but the configuration is there

How to reset controller config through CLI or please share troubleshooting steps.

Can some guide and share the proper link of the configuration and troubleshooting.

7 Replies 7

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To completely reset the AP you need to power it off, press and hold the mode button and then plug it back into power. Hold the mode button for around 25 seconds, until the LED starts blinking red, then stop holding it. If you have a console cable attached, you'll see the message about the reset and it's a bit easier for the correct timing. 

This will completely factory reset the AP and controller. 

Detailed manual: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_0110.html

Dear Sir,

After resetting of AP the controller, then I need to do a copy from TFTP and reinstall the controller step up..

There is no VLAN then I need to set 1 Vlan or no VLAN Please guide

Please follow the guide below.  Anytime you factory reset an access point, you will need to configure it from scratch.  The deployment guide walks you through what you need to do.  It's easier to follow this step by step.  You can even search the internet for "Cisco mobility express configuration" and look at some blogs or videos.

Cisco Mobility Express Deployment Guide - Cisco

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would suggest to re-configure the management interface IP and the gateway.

config interface address management <IP address> <netmask> <gateway>

Also check whether there is any duplicate IP in the network.

Yes sir I was do this step 2 times there is no duplicate IP in network..

but unable to ping or access WLC management IP any other troubleshooting step can you suggest to avoid reset the device

Why not reset it?  If you spend hours or day's trying to get it to work how it is and never really get it fixed, resetting will get you there faster or provide more info on what is happening.  If it happens a second time, it can be a bug or something you are doing wrong.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

sachinc01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I was re configure Controller IP address ,Reset AP point reconfigured but no progress then i was replace switch (IDlink DGS-F1010P-E)  connect Netgear Switch after that its working withing minute ,Dlink switch is ok but don't understand why its not working and support to this switch.........But issue resolved. any idea ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card