Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.9 not discovering AP's on 9800-CL

meditinst
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We just installed a new 9800-CL controller and updated to prime 3.9 for support of it.  Pime says AP Discovery is complete and Telemetry Status is a success but it has not found any of our AP's yet.  We have 2702's and we have C9115AXI access points. Does anyone know how to get prime to see our access points? 

Thanks,

Mike 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ammahend
VIP
VIP

It can be in managed state but with partial collection failure, check all the tabs and see if you see partial collection failure for that controller anywhere, additionally to View details about the information that was collected from the device hover your mouse over the Inventory Collection Status field and clicking the icon that appears, let us know if You see any failure there.

hope this helps

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

I did find an error that said, Catalyst 9800 Telemetry coral connection failure for device Please check the coral connection.  After rebooting the WLC the AP's showed up for me.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi

Does the WLC is "managed" on cisco Prime?

Hi Flavio,

Yes it shows as managed and shows under the wireless controller device type as well. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any Firewall between Prime and Cat 9800, then you need to open some ports mentioned below document :

Ports Used

Communication between C9800 and Prime Infrastructure uses different ports.

• All config and templates available in Prime Infra will be pushed via SNMP and CLI.This uses UDP port 161.
  • Operational data for C9800 WLC itself is obtained over SNMP. This uses UDP Port 162
  • AP and client operational data leverages streaming telemetry.
    Prime Infrastructure to WLC: TCP port 830 - This is used by Prime Infra to push the telemetry configuration to 9800 devices (using netconf)
    WLC to Prime Infrastructure: TCP port 20828 (for IOS-XE 16.10 and 16.11) or 20830 (for IOS-XE 16.12,17.x and later) -
  •  

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/214286-managing-catalyst-9800-wireless-controll.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

No there is no firewall between the two.  Are there any commands you would like to see the output of? 

Thanks,

Mike 

is the PI 3.9 and did you added Patch 1 ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

Yes, I have 3.9 and patch 1.

Prime Infrastructure 3.9 Device Pack 1
Device Support
Installed

PI 3.9.1 Maintenance Release
Critical Fixes
Installed

ammahend
VIP
VIP

It can be in managed state but with partial collection failure, check all the tabs and see if you see partial collection failure for that controller anywhere, additionally to View details about the information that was collected from the device hover your mouse over the Inventory Collection Status field and clicking the icon that appears, let us know if You see any failure there.

hope this helps

-hope this helps-

Hello,

If I hold my mouse over the "i" icon it pops up a box that says 

Collection Status Details

Collection Status: Collection completed successfully

I don't see any failures anywhere for it. 

Thanks,

Mike

I did find an error that said, Catalyst 9800 Telemetry coral connection failure for device Please check the coral connection.  After rebooting the WLC the AP's showed up for me.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For an overall view on Prime info's concerning compatibility with network devices go here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html  , also note when viewing a particular excell pay attention to the requirements concerning software version(s) too.

Prime could also be hampered by this bug : https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu26309

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card